Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Calpol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anybody else remember that?

Maaaaan.... Calpol rocks.

Comments

• Options
    I'm not going to feed my kids Calpol. Parents these days seem to feed it to their children ant the slightest sign of distress of any kind. No wonder we're raising a nation of drugged up wasters!!
  • Options
    i still have it sometimes, cause i have issues with swallowing tablets :blush: but you have to drink loads of the stuff to get the equivalent adult dose.

the new sugar-free stuff is rank though...
  • Options
    I have some here for James after his jabs if he needs it. Hasnt so far. I dont remember having it myself though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    I'm not going to feed my kids Calpol. Parents these days seem to feed it to their children ant the slightest sign of distress of any kind. No wonder we're raising a nation of drugged up wasters!!
    LOL no telly, No calpol. I think you have a romanticised view of parenthood Byny.
    No offence, enjoy it while you still have no children and still know everything about raising them. Nobody I know gives their kids unnecessary pain relief. I personally wont let my child suffer if hes in pain. If I was in pain, id take a paracetamol so why would i not give it to my child - just because I cant feel it.
    Calpol has been a lifesaver when lenny was teething and inconsolable, also when he had hand foot and mouth, and when he had chicken pox. Dont know what I would have done without it.
  • Options
    Yup, legendary stuff that Calpol.. used to work a treat. Remember Farleys Rusks, they were the best!
  • Options
    I still eat Rusks, and I was gutted when I was too old for Calpol. It's so sugary but tastes so lovely. I like the lemon and honey medicine too mmmmm.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    LOL no telly, No calpol. I think you have a romanticised view of parenthood Byny.

You're probably right! But my romantacised view of Childrearing comes from my own experience (My parents managed to bring me up with no TV!!)

Mind you - I'm addicted to everything I shouldn't be now!!
  • Options
    ooooh, i loved calpol!! i used to pretend i was ill when i wasnt, so my mum would give me some :blush: :razz:
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperdoll
    ooooh, i loved calpol!! i used to pretend i was ill when i wasnt, so my mum would give me some :blush: :razz:

hehe I did that. hasn't done me any harm....
  • Options
    i used to love Calpol and Tixylix.
  • Options
    I used to practically LIVE on Calpol... Great stuff...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Calpol's :yum:
  • Options
    And what about that gorgeous banana flavour medicine?!! Think it might have been antibiotics, but it was gorgeous! It was all grainy and yummy! Hmmm, how much do I miss that stuff!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tates
    And what about that gorgeous banana flavour medicine?!! Think it might have been antibiotics, but it was gorgeous! It was all grainy and yummy! Hmmm, how much do I miss that stuff!

That was antibiotics i hated it :( used to make me cry!

Loved calpol though, not the orange stuff that was horrible!
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee_laura
    That was antibiotics i hated it :( used to make me cry!

Loved calpol though, not the orange stuff that was horrible!

I think it's Amoxycillin, my son had some a while ago and I kept sniffing it!! Lurvely!!

As for Calpol, it's a godsend. Obviously I don't feed it to my child for a laugh, only when he needs it!!
  • Options
    Calpol is indeed :yum:

Im alergic to something in the ingredients of that banana flavoured medicine, though it did smell lovely
  • Options
    I loved the 'nana one too! I thought it was a type of Calpol though... I liked the strawberry Calpol, the orange one was okay, but when I got a bit older I got some really horrible white Calpol which was so sugary it actually crunched, I hated that.
  • Options
    Used to love purple calpol. Only the purple, though, I refused the orange stuff! And banana medecine... :yum:... Ah the memories!
  • Options
    the orange Calpol was disgusting and i used to love the banana antibiotics.
  • Options
    i have been brought up on homeopathic stuff and flower essences and stuff like that, oh god memories oh living in a comune and everyon having colds adnflu apart from me and my mum's mates son, and being dosed up with spiralina :yuck:
    and nasty tasing zinc tablets. i've only ever had capol when i had whooping cough, and should have been in hospital but it was flooded and we couldn't there, and it was in the middle of a hurricane and as soon as it was over mum just bunddled me into the car and drove to her friends house here in spain. i was 9 then. and so amazingly ill, litrally on deaths door, i think that is the nearest to death i have ever been, though drowning last summer was scary.