Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO: Those of you who have your belly pierced or Nose pierced

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do they hurt? :nervous:

Comments

• Options
    belly? nooooooooooooo i thought it felt nice :D
  • Options
    my nose fucking killed, the tops of my ears hurt most, they hurt for days. The pain in your nose is over quickly though. Not sure about belly buttons but i know if i squeeze the ski round the edge of nmy belly button, it doesnt hurt, im sure i have heard its not s very sensitive eare. Cant remember where i heard that, so dont quote me.
  • Options
    Nope....

and...

Nope...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Belly button didnt hurt me at all. The only thing, if anything, was after a while, the clamp ot ever so slightly uncomfortable. But nothing painful. I didnt feel the needle at all.
  • Options
    belly~wouldnt know
    nose~nope just like ear lobe :)
  • Options
    heh. when i had my nose pierced, my face was still numb from being at the dentist, and i let the chick just get on with it quite happily.

she kept asking 'does that hurt?'...'does it hurt now?' and i was like 'nope......nope.....nope'.

apparently most of the people she's done have either screamed or cried. :lol:
  • Options
    Nose aint sore - depending on what side you get down you'll find your eye will water... but ain't sore.

Belly-Button I did find it was sore... though I was really tense which probably didn't help - Always told if you relax it won't hurt as much ~
  • Options
    my belly button didnt hurt at the time it was pierced, but a day or so after, it hurt so much, i could hardly sit up! pain went after about a week though:D
    my tongue swelled up loads when i had that done so i couldnt eat for 2 days! wouldnt know about the nose im affraid...
  • Options
    my belly button hurt like fuck
  • Options
    i want my belly done but im scared of the pain! my boyfriend has his tounge done and the top of his ear and said the ear killed but didnt feel the tounge. my friend has her nose done and she said it didnt hurt at all
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i want my belly done but im scared of the pain! my boyfriend has his tounge done and the top of his ear and said the ear killed but didnt feel the tounge.

My bellybutton didn't hurt.

The top of my ear didn't hurt.

My tongue hurt like hell!!!
  • Options
    bellybutton hurt, nise hurt, nipple didnt hurt at all.
  • Options
    all piercing pain is relative...the more you want the extra hole, the less you'll care about the pain :)
  • Options
    Bellybutton hurt, but mainly when he was putting the stud in as it's so much faff on, especially as he got it stuck for a few seconds. I'd advise you to have a sit down afterwards because I felt fine straight after, went down the stairs, a few metres along the street and nearly fainted. Luckily the bus station toilets were nearby so I went and sat in there for about half an hour.

Nose hurt, but only for a second while the needle went in, and then again for a couple of seconds while putting the stud in. Hurt more than the bellybutton but for less time, and yes, my eyes watered. It didn't really hurt afterward - except for when I kept catching it and pulling it halfway out when it fucking KILLED. The first night I had it done, I must have thought I had an itch or something in my sleep, put my hand up to scratch it and knocked it straight out. It hurt so much I couldn't get back to sleep. Did the same with towels, clothes, and kissing my boyfriend. It fell out after a month or so and I just left it out because it wasn't worth the hassle. Saying that, I know I didn't look after it as well as I could have.
  • Options
    Never had my belly pierced, but had my nose done in 1989. bout 4 months ago I took it out but now I'm kind of regretting it.

Didn't hurt when I had it done though.
  • Options
    I saw one of the videos on this site

http://www.body-jewellery-shop.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

of someone getting their nose pierced and it looks like she had some trouble getting it through or something. That put me off, really :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Psycho_Smurf
    it looks like she had some trouble getting it through or something. That put me off, really

that happened when i had my nose done.

she got the needle through ok, but it took her 4 goes to get the jewellery through. it was a good job my face was numb, or i'd have been screaming. bled all down my face :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    that happened when i had my nose done.

she got the needle through ok, but it took her 4 goes to get the jewellery through. it was a good job my face was numb, or i'd have been screaming. bled all down my face :(

ouch! yet another reason for me not to have it done :D
  • Options
    I got my nose done with a gun.....it didnt hurt or bleed:D
  • Options
    Probably not something you want to hear, but it's not really a good idea to have, well anything really pierced with a gun because it cause trauma to the skin. It kind of blasts it out of the way rather than pushing it to the side like a needle, and most piercers would recommend using a needle. That said, if it didn't hurt or anything... I guess yours is going okay :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    I got my nose done with a gun.....it didnt hurt or bleed:D
    snap :)
  • Options
    didnt find the belly button that sore, its more discomfort.
  • Options
    My belly button didnt hurt at all. It was uncomfortable rather than painful because they numbed it. The only time it's ever been painful is when I knocked it on my jeans about 7/8 weeks later, it was sore for about 5 days or so. After that, I've had no problems, and I've had it about 5 years now.

Saying that, everyone's pain thresholds are different.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    and they can spread hepititus (sp)

not that you'd be concerned about that
    Bloodborne diseases such as HIV and Hepatitis C, can and do spread by the use of piercing guns...

I quote BMEzine "A piercing gun, traditionally used by mall-stores for piercing ears, is typically inappropriate for piercing of any kind, especially body piercing. Almost all medical professionals agree that piercing guns can not be adequately sterilized (an alcohol wipe is NOT sterilization); which means that in theory they are capable of passing hepatitis and other diseases. Any "piercer" using a piercing gun should be avoided."

Remember: When blood touches blood, it mixes!

Ilora x
  • Options
    I have my belly pierced. I think it didnt hurt that much, was just more painful afterwards when i caught it on my trousers! :crazyeyes
    Fearne x