Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what do i do??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
someone has been stalking me online and i have 3 ideas of who it may be, but also i've had a few anon calls to my mobile and to my house phone, the latter a few people have but my mobile only my friends have.

i'm getting sick and tired of it and if it is one of the 3 people i think it is i want to know. these 3 people being hellfire, a male mate of mine, and his mate who i have a problem with and she does likewise. this is one reason i had a big deal out of that thread trying to find out who they were, but i think the were just some random poster and they knew about my DA because they had seen the link on anything goes a while back...

i scares me a little because i've been stalked before, and i know what it can come to, but this could be a random person who has a crush, this girl who has actually accused me of being a stalker which made me think that maybe she had a guilty conscience.

they only my mate knows vaguely where i live and if it was him i wouldn't be too worried. the other 2 would have to spend a lot of time money and effot to get to me.

any ideas as what to do?? as i don't want to go to the police as it's not serious enough, but i don't want it getting out of hand.

Luby

Comments

• Options
    how do u knw you're being stalked on the interner?
  • Options
    because of odd messages left by unknown people on my LJ, in my guest book on my site, people leaveing messages with 100% false profiles on faceparty, poeple sending me odd emails, adding me to msn but not talking to me and then blocking me. and i have tryed changing my email account, but somehow they get it again, so maybe it's a friend leaking the address. i have watched the counter on my site and it always rises but 18 counts everyday around 5:30 spanish time. a few mins late the counter on my fp profile will increase rapidly, as it does with my da account.
  • Options
    I think you should go to the police, but not by calling 999 or anything - just go down to the station and tell them you're worried and concerned and you'd like advice on what you should do next. Better to be safe than sorry....

If you really don't want to go to them then I'd say confront the people you think it might be. Say you're not certain who it is but you're considering going to the police because you're sick and tired of it going on. It might scare them into cooling off. But if it goes on for much longer I would say talk to someone external and in a position of authority. If it does get out of hand you don't want to be on your own.
  • Options
    tbh, if that's what counts as stalking these days, then i am also being stalked, and have been for the whole time i've had access to the internet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    tbh, if that's what counts as stalking these days, then i am also being stalked, and have been for the whole time i've had access to the internet.

i'm starting to wander whether you ever actually say things that don't make sense. well, whether that's the right way to put it or not, i'm not sure. but you get what i mean, right.
  • Options
    i had another call from them, it´s starting to get very weird....
  • Options
    I knwo its a hassle but change your number and email addy, tell a slect few about it. The if it happens again, you have a deffo list of suspects.
    Or just ignore it!
  • Options
    Re: what do i do??
    Originally posted by luby

i'm getting sick and tired of it and if it is one of the 3 people i think it is i want to know. these 3 people being hellfire, a male mate of mine,

I know this must be upsetting you but I don't think you should be naming people
  • Options
    i know i don´t know why i said that because i know it´s not him. but it´s jsut annoying, think it´s this girl i know who has a think against me and most of my friends
    but still haven´t people got better things to do with their live?
  • Options
    I'm confused...isn't Hellfire having the same problems or am I missing something?
  • Options
    Change your email address and ONLY give it to trusted friends and family. Change your MSN as well but don't use the same email address as your private one, make another up. Maybe even change your phone number as well... you can get new sim cards form the market for about 5 quid. Then if you get it again you can at least narrow down what lame idiot is doing it.
  • Options
    Not sure if this will help or not, but here's what our very own "the site" has to say on cyber stalkers

http://www.thesite.org/youthnet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=415&a=10941

Hope everything works out mate!

~Dr Smith
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

ditto
  • Options
    My ex had a stalker back in the first month or so of our relationship. Every week day he would follow her around her department and around town at a distance!

I got so mad my solution was to come charging down into town (in my big black leather "matrix" jacket) and sock him one. :naughty: Problem solved.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dr_smith
    My ex had a stalker back in the first month or so of our relationship. Every week day he would follow her around her department and around town at a distance!

I got so mad my solution was to come charging down into town (in my big black leather "matrix" jacket) and sock him one. :naughty: Problem solved.

did u know that makes no sense
  • Options
    Neither does the bible, but hey :)