Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Homeopathic medicine and aromatherapy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really don't like taking man-made medicines/chemical type drugs etc. I don't know why, I just feel more comfortable with herbal remedies etc. Anybody know if you can go to a homeopath in place of/as well as your doctor and where I can find out more info about it all?

Comments

• Options
    You can get some homeopathic/alternative treatments on the NHS, depending upon what's available in your area. Or you can pay to go to homeopathic treatment privately.
  • Options
    well, it would depend on what you're wanting to treat.

i imagine it would be ok to see a homeopath instead of a doctor for non-serious things, like maybe bad skin, or a chronic condition that the doctors can't do anything for, but you should never let it replace proper medical assessment.

once you've been examined by a doctor and you know what the problem is, THEN you can think about what treatment you'd like. and that, of course, is totally up to you.
  • Options
    Remember that some herbal things can actually affect the way that convensional medicines work in your body so if you're taking any medicines the herbal stuff could mess it up and do more harm than good.

And just because something is "herbal" or whatever doesn't mean that it's actually good or better for you than convensional medications anyway.

Be careful :)
  • Options
    Those Chinese Medical Centres are very good. Have a look in the Yellow pages.
  • Options
    Here's an article from thesite on Homeopathy, with details on how to contact the British Homeopathy Assocation who should be able to help.

Homeopathy

Hope this helps

Love Lu x