Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tongue Piercings.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had mine for about 2 years now and yesterday I noticed it was slightly sore. I took it out and it just felt inflammed slightly so I put it back in. I woke up this morning and its slightly more inflammed - eating my breakfast is hurting. :/ I dont think its the bar coz I've had this one for a few months.

Am I to be worried that my tongue is gonna fall off d'ya think? :/

Comments

• Options
    you've probably caught it on something and torn the hole ever so slightly.

either that or something you've eated has managed to get down the hole and scratch the inside.

just treat it as you did when you first had it pierced for a few days and see if it goes down.

with such an established piercing, it's unlikely to be anything too dramatic.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    you've probably caught it on something and torn the hole ever so slightly.

either that or something you've eated has managed to get down the hole and scratch the inside.

just treat it as you did when you first had it pierced for a few days and see if it goes down.

with such an established piercing, it's unlikely to be anything too dramatic.

Cheers kaff, You're a star. :thumb:
  • Options
    You could've either, as kaffrin said, damaged the hole, or maybe something has become stuck in the hole, and irritated it. Or you may have caught something like flu, cold, etc, which is making parts of your body sensitive.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    You could've either, as kaffrin said, damaged the hole, or maybe something has become stuck in the hole, and irritated it. Or you may have caught something like flu, cold, etc, which is making parts of your body sensitive.

Well, I do keep sneezing. :(