Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Slimming Supplements

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya :) About 2 yrs ago I lost a lot of weight, which took me well over a year. I've now put most of it back on again.
I'm thinking about taking herbal slimming supplements eg/ 'Adios', to help kick start my much needed weight loss. I weigh 10 1/2 stone now, and want to get down to about 8 stone.
Any experiences with slimming pills/supplements, and/or any information would be great - I've searched through numerous women's weight loss sites, but not found much out..

I'm thinking about the health risks etc that come with herbal slimming supplements...?

SweetLeaf

Edited to say: I'm not counting on just the supplements to lose weight by the way; I'm on a calorie controlled diet aka Weightwatchersish and gym sessions too!

Comments

• Options
    I was doing Hydroxycut for a while until everyone was like "OMG IT HAS EFFEDRA IN IT!" so then I got the effedra-free hydroxycut. I think it works pretty good. I havent used it for a long time. But I toned up because I ate a low fat diet with it. The only bad part about it was the fact that the pills smelled horrible. I would always burp after I swallowed the pills and it was the worst taste ever.. :yuck:
  • Options
    The only safe way to lose weight is to eat less and exercise more. Simple as.

Have you ever considered that eight stone isn't actually your ideal weight, and that you are built to be more heavy? Also remember that muscle weighs more than fat.

I suppose it depends what your aim is- to be fit and healthy, or to be eight stone in weight. I know what mine would be.
  • Options
    you say u weigh 10.5 stone and ur ideal weight is 8stone, how old and tall are you. if you go into boots you type in your build,age,height and sex+it prints off ur weight and ideal weight in stones and kg.
    before you rush into using slimming tablets, why not loose weight the real safe way - exercise and a healthy diet.
    also, weight watchers type diets are extremely bad for your health. they give you JUST enough of what you need to live, and the reason you loose weight is bcos your body eats away at your vital tissues - not fat. just dont be so lazy and get out there+exercise!!!
  • Options
    The only slimming tablets that REALLY work are amphetamine based. These however are only available on prescription if at all because they are high addictive and come with a MASSIVE list of nasty side effects.

There are a few herbs and such that MIGHT be able to help you.

Guaranna is a brazilian berry which has a caffine like chemical in it. It is a nice all round stimulant which may help you have a bit more energy and therefore exercise a bit more.

Most slimming pills are just a rip off, they play on peoples poor self image and laziness in an attempt to make money.
  • Options
    Here's our feature on diet pills.
    :)