Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

American government...total disgrace

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was just thinking with the American press release on the news, the American claimed that Iraq had wmd's, they go in and cause a war...they then over-throw the countries leader and now the country lives in a state of total anarchy and are basically headed for nothing good in the next few years. The American president claims to be putting a new government into place but have we seen much action on this?

Why do the Americans persist in carrying on this charade(sp?) by doing what they do everyday in their sad attempts to try to show the world that they were right when in actual fact they were in the wrong.

sorry had to get all that off my chest....and your views are?

Comments

• Options
    Talking about the legality and the run up to the war is just too depressing.

You can say "I told you so" till your blue in the face but it will make FUCK all difference.

I took part in the largest protest Britain has EVER seen and that made FUCK all difference too.

Like I said, its all too depressing.
  • Options
    i wasnt talking about the run up to the war...i was talking about the aftermath, the American government still thinks its their place to occupy the country after basically ruining it. And not only that Bush appears to see it as his place to choose the replacement government.

i just dont see why they wont remove their troops and stop the problems they are causing through military occupation. i dont think they would have all these problems with hostages if the troops were removed, i just think the iraqis want their country back. ...i know, the problem of mlitary occupation is not just the Americans fault i know
  • Options
    BTW June 30 is a sham, U.S is building 14 military bases in Iraq, giving the oil to private American companies with ties Bush and they will make sure that the new Iraq government will be v.u.S friendly.
  • Options
    And yet the demos did make a difference. There is little doubt that the massive public discontent worldwide about the prospect of war at least had the effect of taming the tactics employed by the US and Britain. The much trumpeted 'shock and awe' didn't quite materialise and there was no repeat of incidents such as that in 1991 when the US was perfectly happy to destroy a civilian bunker and murder 500 women and children because a high-rank Iraqi officer "might have been hiding there".

It's too fucking bad the moron we have as PM didn't listen to the people. But look what's happened to Little Franco in Spain and his warmongering government after they supported the war against the wishes of the immense majority of the population. Don't be surprised if one, two or even all three remaining members of the Axis of Murdering Idiots (Bush, Blair & Berlusconi) all suffer the same fate as the Popular Party in Spain.
  • Options
    Icy Aphrodite; Do you really think that it would be solved by the US pulling out altogether?

The result would be civil war, you think the situation is bad now if we just pulled totally out it would get much worse.

We need to have the UN in there as peace keepers under the control of the UN not the US. Its a shite option but its the best we have.
  • Options
    i mean its all stupid, the UN did weapons inspections before the war...nothing was found and now the country is literally nothing. and yes its so obvious that the new government will be US friendly...i dont often have strong view but when thing as unjust as this have happened it makes me feel sick to my stomach. The thing i keep asking myself is how the military and government officials can get up in front of the world and actually speak to people as though they are right and not done anything wrong...dont they have any sense of wrong-doing?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    We need to have the UN in there as peace keepers under the control of the UN not the US. Its a shite option but its the best we have.

i agree, there is no need for the US....only the UN or other peace keeping authorites, at the moment its like they are living in a war-zone
  • Options
    Yes it was wrong, and quite probably there was lies involved, but to my mind thats not really even the point anymore.

I'm not saying it isnt important, but what we should do now is the over ridding issue.
  • Options
    Yes they do. Anything which dares oppose their agenda for global corporate hegemony and control of precious resources is, to them, by definition "wrong-doing".

Doesn't matter to them how many more innocent civilians have to die to secure their ill-gotten neo-colonial gains, such deaths are merely dismissed as "collateral damage". Let any world leader pursue the same principle of conquest outside the scope of our direct mandate or control and the charge from these quarters consists of "he killed his own people", or "genocide".

Funny how that double standard is so widely and readily accepted by all too many unquestioning sheep.
  • Options
    Why do they have such a gimp at the head of the government...

Q: What has been your biggest mistake since september 11th

A: I wish you had given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it. Er, I'm sure historians will look back and say 'Gosh, he could have done it better this way, or that way'. I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with an answer....but it hasn't yet.
  • Options
    i think bush is a stupid cunt, i know people say clinton was stupid but he made some decent decisions while he was in office. and i cant say much for blair, im voting him out at the first possible opportunity.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Why do they have such a gimp at the head of the government...

Q: What has been your biggest mistake since september 11th

A: I wish you had given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it. Er, I'm sure historians will look back and say 'Gosh, he could have done it better this way, or that way'. I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with an answer....but it hasn't yet.

I saw that on the News, didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab

id cry...hes the leader of one of the worlds super powers and he has fewer brains than a stupid townie!
  • Options
    Perhaps a fitting end to this administration would be to order every last one them to be surgically changed to females and forced to go live in Afghanistan. They can then tell the world how "liberated" they feel in their supposedly shining example of US exported "democracy". lol.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    thats how i felt. the leader of the free world aye ...he can't even fucking read what his masters right out for him ...seems they didn't prepare him for that one.
    sad that he is the best thing the yanks can come up with as a figure head ...funny when he makes a complete twat of himself AGAIN.
  • Options
    A lapdog!
  • Options
    I'm sure I wasn't the only one who predicted foreign affairs disasters when Bush was elected in 2000, I was hoping I would be proven wrong but his government has turned out exactly as I expected. I'm fairly confident he will lose his job or at least take a huge battering at the polls.

The real sad thing to come out of this is the arrogant, "Third Way" , third rate, self righteous leadership of our own Mr Blair and his cronies in the Cabinet and MOD.

We CANNOT elect him out, that's the luxury the American's do have.

I just wish someone with balls in the Labour government will stand up to this clown.

There would be a revolution by now if the British public could actually "give a toss" and realise that he and his government have passed some really dogshit policies.
  • Options
    Sorry but you are incorret there. If anything Blair has increased the distance between the UK and the EU.
  • Options
    A Constitution so watered down by compromise as to be nothing more than a codification of all conditions and mechanisms which have long applied to the EU. Blair is not signing up to anything but the status quo and it certainly wont bring the UK any closer than it already is to being a constructive and cooperative EU partner.

You take far too much rhetoric as fact little friend. The political realities differ greatly from the claims made by your preferred ragmag.
  • Options
    Yes the EU did learn much from WWII which is why it was formed to ensure peace in Europe. Surprise Surprise, No wars amongst the major powers of Europe since.

Sorry that you are incapable of demonstrating any gratitude for the constructive contributions made to European progress by the founding fathers of the EU.

Typical backward thinking little Englander.
  • Options
    If rabid nationalism can be called "love".
  • Options
    I'm telling you, this is pnjsurferpoet back from the grave!

No one else could love (and successfully mimic) the Murdoch gutter press rantings to such extent!

The only difference is that pnj's rantings arrived precisely at 13:07 British time every day. Our friend's here arrive syncronised from one day to the next too, but 4 hours later.

Have you moved to the West Coast pnj? :D
  • Options
    Ah the voice of the right wing. If you dont fawn over my blind nationalism you must hate my country. Please make some attempt to grow up, hard as that may be for you.

I happen to be very fond of the UK, however its government and its foreign relations suck.
  • Options
    The problem will eventually be solved you know. At the current rate of movement, I reckon it would take the British Isles tectonic plate less than 1 billion years to separate from the Continental Plate and float off to the American Continent.

Patience, my little friend! Your dream is not far off from accomplishment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by qwerty123
    If you hate my country so much get lost! simple rule aint it?

Its not "your" country (thank fuck).
  • Options
    Yep. British people. Of all colours, sub-cultures and religion and their friends of other nationalities.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Yes the EU did learn much from WWII which is why it was formed to ensure peace in Europe. Surprise Surprise, No wars amongst the major powers of Europe since..

It's only been 60 years mate, we've still got time to give the Frenchies or Krauts a good bashing.:lol:

With the way this government has reacted to everything I would not be surprised if the BNP win the next election.
    All they need to promise is law and order and an end to our being Bush's fucking lapdog and they'd walk right in.
  • Options
    I think most people see past the BNP's "respectable" image to the dark fascist heart within.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I think most people see past the BNP's "respectable" image to the dark fascist heart within.
    some serious law and order then ...i thought the bnp would be right up your street WW.
  • Options
    I could never live here if the BNP got elected, I would have to leave. That or over throw the BNP myself....

Back to the topic though. I do not see how anyone can support the Bush administration. The sooner the elections come the better.