Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

messed about

My girlfriend keeps splitting up with me and then begging to get bk with me and i'm sick of it. the last time we broke up i said i wasn't giving her anymore chances but she's done it again and i dont wana go bk to have it done again.
but i miss her.....
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You need to be strong and not take her back. The girls seriously taking the piss!
    You need to be with someone that wants to be with you all the time and not changing her mind every 5 minutes. I think you've given her enough chances and if you carry on taking her back she'll carry on taking the piss. Dump her for good and make a fresh start and find someone that really cares for you because it seems to me that she doesnt.

• Options
    Originally posted by beatnusoon:
    My girlfriend keeps splitting up with me and then begging to get bk with me and i'm sick of it. the last time we broke up i said i wasn't giving her anymore chances but she's done it again and i dont wana go bk to have it done again.
    but i miss her.....

as one of my friends say, 'the re-heated meal sux' be strong, I've been there and I've missed maybe the perfect love because of it. f*** her. U can better.

work seriously damages health
  • Options
    thanx for your advice people this is the first time i'v put something in the message board and you people are a good bunch cheers
  • Options
    Hey man im in exactly the same posotion as you at the moment and think i feel pretty much same.

heres some long winded but great advice i got from refreshmagazine.com

in love patience is a virtue, knowing how and when to wait... if you get pushy it can give the wrong impression... me i'd say take it easy, treat it like a holiday of sorts... i know it hurts... mainly that shows how much she means to you... being angry is a normal reaction, but don't let it get you to do things or say things that you will regret... i would suggest you two get together with a no strings attached basis... sort of plan a day out somewhere go places... a concert... but as freinds... in relationships you have to have friendship first... hey my best mate is my wife... not many people can say they f*ck their best mate every day. she may well be pulling your chain to see if your going to react... part of the female thing is teasing you and making you run round in circles... they get off on that... just play by her rules and you'll get all that you want... play by our expectations and we lose bigtime. i approach everything like this... i know what end result i want, so i pick the path that will get me that, rather than start any old path and hope that i get there. basically i cheat... but i win and that's what counts... change your game so to speak and see what happens... its like banging into a locked door over and over again... think laterally and avoid the door altogether. she doesn't want a relationship, so ok do other things with her but keep her as a close friend, take her out to talk over meals and stuff, about other stuff. i always give my wife the time of day, i talk to her alot, stuff thats bothering her anything and eveything, some may not be of real interest to me but i'll listen all the same and talk it through. i just see it as a kind of maintance... if your windows start flaking you paint them... same with relationships, a tweak here a tweak there and it'll run all kinda smooth. now there's you lot all thinking i've got a huge clip board and a load of flow charts... love check... friendly relations check... sex check... flowers check... nah i maybe clinical the way i descibe my actions, but thats as far as it goes, in reality all that i do is natural and unplanned... its just me the way i am and the way i'd like others to be back. i just like to spoil her alot coz i get a kick out of the reaction... if you can keep getting a beeming smile back at you then your on the right track. i can get my wife to smile all the time, i joke and do things for her to make her feel shes the only one in the world... a princess... i get a kick out of her feeling happy, shes happy coz she feels special and to me she is.
    anyways joey i know exactly how you feel dude coz i've felt it too, and as have others on this forum... everything you're going through is normal, the hurt inside the heart ripped out, that sick feeling in your guts... you want to puke and die and scream and hate its all normal guy. that's love... love hurts like f*ck when its good and when its bad. you'll feel like **** for weeks, but then you'll suddenly wake up one day and its not that bad anymore, it just takes time. in the mean time chill and do stuff the take your mind off it all, but don't go screwing around it'll only screw up your chances of making things go your way.
    take care and don't let it get to you.

now this may sound like im contradictiong myself, but hey here goes... sometimes the worst thing in a relationship is those "friends" who interfere with their opinions of how your relationship should be going...
    in a relationship there are only two people... unless you're in one of those relationships then he he... anyone outside it should be kept out. like your mates saying why do you let her do this or that ... blah blah blah... hey at the end of the day it you who's in there not them... tell the to f*ck off... same goes for her mates. if your relationship is working for both of you these outside comments are destructive... i'll give you a personal example... my brother's married, and started working long hours, so one of her friends who was divorced started whispering all her insecurities to his wife... "well how do you know hes working he could say he's working and be seeing someone else" yeah like everyone follows the soap scripts even hard working husbands that are doing it just to keep a roof over his kids heads. problem was his wife believed her friend and accused my innocent brother of doing the dirty on her. my brother told her "if i was going with someone else i would tell you to your face and not go hiding it" anyways it got to the point my brother was going to leave his wife and two kids based just on the insecurity of a friend... just coz her relationship went down the pan she believe everyone elses would go likewise... just coz her man did the dirty... she felt that all men did the same. anyways i told my brother not the leave and stick with it and my mom told his wife not to listen to what others say... my mom was livid she'd have punched that divorced b*tch out... just coz of her my nieces could have had their childhood all screwed up. anyways now hes got 3 kids and they're still together. meanwhile the friend is out on her a*se.
    so what i'm kinda trying to say, don't expect all of her reactions to be all of her own making... some may be those of her close friends... as far as you know they could be telling her to do this, do that, say that, to see what you do, meanwhile your getting jerked around and so's she. so if you react badly your screwed, that's why i said you got to work round it and still do stuff and be friends first... plus hang away from those distractions and interfereances. you could talk about what your friends think about it all, that way she'll hear how your friends feel and you'll hear how hers feel... and with any luck you'll both see sence. basically a relationship should be like a game of poker, where both parties hold their cards to their chests. it should be open, your supposed to be a team... and share your thoughts, thats why i say you should tak about what your friends think, i'd include family, just to really get it all out in the open. coz like i said sometimes the reactions your coming up against may not be truely hers but those of others who maybe stirring up the pot at both your expence.

• Options
    get rid of her if she cant make up her mind whether or not she wants u then she obviously aint worth it!
  • Options
    thanx joeboy but i did try to make her special i did nearly everyhting i could think of to make her happy and she would be for a while then i couldn't put a foot right.

As for her one of her friends i took a punch for her one nite outside a club when some lads were hassling her.

but as i see it if she is willing to listen to her friends that often then wat the hell did i mean to her???
    i dunno wat to do.....my friends and family tell me to just leave it but we did have fun and good times together me just so fucked up in the head wana go crazy.
  • Options
    Maybe it would be best to leave now so that you remember the relationship as a good one with the memories of the good times. Instead of resenting it because of her behaviour now.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • Options
    Dump her man she's not worth it. She's using u as a scape goat, it sounds harsh but she probably can't find anyone else to go out with at the moment.

Good luck finding someone better i'm sure u will.
  • Options
    hey pips, how r u?

anyway maybe you should leave this one alone?

(maybe i should listen to my own advice)

but u sound really down and she obviously does care about your feelings an awful lot.

but at the end of the day the decision is yours to make.

do you really wanna feel sad all the time?

if you do love her then give her an ultimatum, tell her if she does it again then it will be the last time and stick to your guns.

if she loves you then she`ll stay

lret me know how you get on.
  • Options
    Exactly, put your foot down, if she doesn't listen she obviously aint worth it.