Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Always tired

Sorry if this has been posted before. Yet again I'm sat in front of my computer on a Saturday night instead of going out and having a life. I don't go out because I'm really tired. All the time. Last night I had nine hours sleep but when I woke up I felt almost as tired as when I went to bed.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? It started just before Christmas but was getting better. Now it's come back with a vengance. I don't think it's stress, might be cause I'm overweight but I've lost more than a stone since it started. I've started to get snappy and can't concentrate.

Any help welcomed.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by rachie004
    Are you depressed or anything, sleep is can be linked with depression

or

You might be anaemic

Either way it's worth a quick trip to the Docs :) they'll probably steal some of your blood :)

I don't think I've ever been less depressed in my life. I'm pretty happy and bubbly (verging on camp) despite being tired.

My sense of balance is knackered and I do get a bit dizzy, so I might be anaemic. I'll try and make an appointment to see a doctor (should have months ago).

Thanks for replying.
  • Options
    i find exercise tends to sort out most sleep troubles.when im sleepin really ireegularly or for excessive amounts of time+still end up tired i do some excercise+you will find it either tires you out completely so get proper sleep, which after you feel much better+awake, or it acyually has the effect of waking you up.another simple solution can be lots of fresh air as stuffy rooms can make the most awake of us go zzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    I had that problem but it seemed to sort its self out. Perhaps you should give it a while and then if things don't improve or whatever then go see your doc.
  • Options
    best see a doctor, really.

i've had the same problem for a couple of years now, and although they kinda still don't know what's wrong, they did test me for all sorts of things it could have been - so you could have one of them (glandular fever, anaemia, stomach problems).

other than that, the best thing you can do is sleep.
  • Options
    I have that problem, always feeling so damn tired, you go to bed at night then get up in the morning and still feel knackered, it doesn't matter how much sleep I have, it doesn't affect the feeling of tiredness I have all the time, so I can sympathise with you Infinite, not that sympathy helps :rolleyes:
  • Options
    my mate has just been diagnosed with ME, she went through months and months of sleeping all the time and feeling like she had just run a marathon before they diagnosed her though.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to the doctors on Tuesday. I'll feel a bit stupid if it's nothing but it's better to make sure.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    I don't smoke and I tried jogging just before I went to bed with no effect. I'm trying to lose weight so I do I lot of exercise. I can be dead on my feet when I go to bed and wake up after 8 or 9 hours sleep almost as tired.

I am worried about wasting the doctor's time but it's been nearly five months and it made studying an absolute nightmare.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Infinite
    I am worried about wasting the doctor's time but it's been nearly five months and it made studying an absolute nightmare.

you're not wasting their time.

if it's worrying you, and it's affecting your life/studies, then it's worthy of their time.

maybe if you went in asking if they could squeeze your spots it would be wasting it :p

good luck.