Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Passion of the Bunny

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=rednews/2004/04/09/build/nation/96-bunny-whipped.inc

To try and teach kids the meaning of Easter a church reinacted the crucifixion. With someone dressed as an Easter bunny as Jesus.

Why exactly did whipping a rabbit, breaking easter eggs and talking about self-harm in front of kids as young as four, seem an appropriate way to celebrate Easter?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: The Passion of the Bunny
    Originally posted by Infinite
    http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=rednews/2004/04/09/build/nation/96-bunny-whipped.inc

To try and teach kids the meaning of Easter a church reinacted the crucifixion. With someone dressed as an Easter bunny as Jesus.

Why exactly did whipping a rabbit, breaking easter eggs and talking about self-harm in front of kids as young as four, seem an appropriate way to celebrate Easter?

Hrm, I think it's a little harsh for four year olds. Maybe they should have used a man instead. Costumes are scary, especially bunny ones.

I don't know where the crucifixion mentions self-harm though :eek2: however I think Christian kids should be taught about it... about how much Jesus suffered because like... that's a big part of their religion.
  • Options
    Re: Re: The Passion of the Bunny
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Costumes are scary, especially bunny ones.

Terrifying mate...

115938.jpg

:p
  • Options
    Re: Re: The Passion of the Bunny
    Originally posted by MoonRat

I don't know where the crucifixion mentions self-harm though :eek2:.

Sorry, should have made it clearer. The self harm bit wasn't to do with the crucifixion, it was another part of the "show".
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: The Passion of the Bunny
    Sorry, should have made it clearer. The self harm bit wasn't to do with the crucifixion, it was another part of the "show".
    That's horrid. They can't claim it's suitable for all ages and then show alcoholism and self-harm, even without the bunny thing. Fundamentalist Christians can be very narrow-minded and it concerns me that they don't think about the effect it may have on a young audience.
  • Options
    Heh, there is no proof (apart from the 'Bible') that Jesus existed anyhow!

So Easter might be a big fraud!:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    This is a whole other debate, but most historians of the period agree from accounts of contemporaries such as Tacitus that Jesus of Nazareth did exist and was crucified.
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    This is a whole other debate, but most historians of the period agree from accounts of contemporaries such as Tacitus that Jesus of Nazareth did exist and was crucified.

:yes: Most religions are now admitting that a man called Jesus or someone similar did exist. Wheteher he did or not is immaterial.

The fact that these people thought that giving toddlers a head fuck like this was a good idea is staggering.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber

So Easter might be a big fraud!:eek2:

Maybe... actually I think there are records of a man named 'Jesus' who existed, but that there's no proof that he really did heal people, or turn water in to wine (which would be great at parties).

As for the date of Easter, along with the rest of the Christian holidays it was placed at the same time as the pagan wheel of the year to promote Christianity and try and convert pagans to their religion. Some time around March 19-22... Spring Equinox/Ostara/Eostre and so on. Note also that some of the Bible is influenced by the Greek pantheon of gods.
    The fact that these people thought that giving toddlers a head fuck like this was a good idea is staggering.

Speaking of religious teachings, I remember in primary school when the Christmas tree fell on top of the first years ROFLMAO

I pissed myself laughing! :lol:
  • Options
    Re: The Passion of the Bunny

there all mad i tell you ...