Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

girls!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello ladies! i have a serious lack of female friends and well...i need to talk about shoes and clothes!

on friday i'm going out with a very nice lad, who i like lots. i met him on friday nite last week in the pub and was dressed in jeans, heels and a tight top.
then saw him the next day and was in heels, a skirt and another tight top. but he saw me the next morning in a rugby top and jeans and trainers so he's like seen me casual as well as dressed up.

anyways! he's taking me shopping for the day on friday and i just dont know what to wear! i want to look nice, but not over dressed but i wanna be comfy. he's way taller than me so heels might be good, but i only have one pair of heels which are boots and they hurt my feet after a while.

so yeah....please help :D

Comments

• Options
    Wear some comfortable shoes....I can't believe a bloke wants to go shopping!

Don't wear a tight top!!
  • Options
    lol me either! he text me earlier saying how does shopping sound?

why not a tight top?
  • Options
    i'd say jeans and trainers. if you want to look nice, wear a sexay top and funky jewellery. you'll look good, but you'll still be comfy.

nothing's more annoying that a girl moaning about her feet hurting when she knew she was gonna be walking around all day and still wore uncomfy shoes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i'd say jeans and trainers. if you want to look nice, wear a sexay top and funky jewellery. you'll look good, but you'll still be comfy.

nothing's more annoying that a girl moaning about her feet hurting when she knew she was gonna be walking around all day and still wore uncomfy shoes.

i hate people like that! yeah im gonna wear trainers cos i know i'll be in so much pain after a few hours that i wont b able to walk anymore.
    just jeans and a nice top i guess. i just wanna look nice!
  • Options
    a pair of nice fitting jeans, funky fitted tshirt and some playful jewelry to girly it up
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i hate people like that! yeah im gonna wear trainers cos i know i'll be in so much pain after a few hours that i wont b able to walk anymore.
    just jeans and a nice top i guess. i just wanna look nice!

possibly a top with some sort of design or different cut (don't know the right word) to give it a bit of 'class' so that it looks like you made an effort (which you did of course because you made a thread but you know what I mean)
  • Options
    trainers or flat shoesies definatly and jeans and a nice top nice and simple im sure youll look sexxeh in whatever though :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    I can't believe a bloke wants to go shopping!

Its not that uncommon you know, i think that going shopping with my girl mates is quite fun. Its a day out and theres nothing wrong with walking into girls shops.
  • Options
    i'll have a look through my tops and see what i've got and if not i'll pop into the shops 2moro and have a look for something :D
  • Options
    good luck!

if he likes you, he'll like you in anything. try not to make a habit of always looking drop-dead, 'cause you might find it hard to keep up! not that i'm saying you don't always look loverly, 'cause i've never met you like.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    good luck!

if he likes you, he'll like you in anything. try not to make a habit of always looking drop-dead, 'cause you might find it hard to keep up! not that i'm saying you don't always look loverly, 'cause i've never met you like.

lol he's seen me first thing in the morning, with no makeup and looking really ill....im sure i cant look much worse. he told me i looked the same in the mornin as i had the night before (not sure if thats a good thing or not!!)

im going to have a good hunt through my things 2moro, and see if i have anything suitable
  • Options
    you never know, he might even buy you new stuff!...or not.
  • Options
    you never know, he might even buy you new stuff!...or not.

lol i hope he doesnt!
  • Options
    Definitely go casual but with a sexy edge.

You don't wanna look like your too high maintenance but at the same time, you want him to know that you look after yourself.

Why anyone ever wears heels to go shopping is beyond me. :eek2:
  • Options
    lol i hope he doesnt!

why?, a bit early perhaps?
  • Options
    why?, a bit early perhaps?

i just dont like people paying for things for me, i dunno why, just makes me feel like im a user
  • Options
    i just dont like people paying for things for me, i dunno why, just makes me feel like im a user

I wouldn't knock that! I've spent about 60 quid on Scott on meals three days in a row, and I'm bloody rooked now.

He's bought us loads meals/drinks-wise mind. But still, 60 quid. Hooeeey. The food was lush mind, but..that could have been new shoes..:crying:
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    I wouldn't knock that! I've spent about 60 quid on Scott on meals three days in a row, and I'm bloody rooked now.

He's bought us loads meals/drinks-wise mind. But still, 60 quid. Hooeeey. The food was lush mind, but..that could have been new shoes..:crying:

ahhh *hugs* i dont mind it sometimes, but all the time i just feel so rude to have everything payed for.

ive decided what to wear now i think :D
  • Options
    ive decided what to wear now i think :D

What are you going for, then? :)
  • Options
    What are you going for, then? :)

combats (with pretty girly bits on them, so i dont look to blokey!) trainers, pink t-shirt and sum sorta jumper thing. but im not 100% about that yet

think i'll have a ponytail to rather than down cos it gets in the way
  • Options
    combats (with pretty girly bits on them, so i dont look to blokey!) trainers, pink t-shirt and sum sorta jumper thing. but im not 100% about that yet

think i'll have a ponytail to rather than down cos it gets in the way

How about french plaits? The ones that start at the top of your head? Topshop are doing nice three quarter length sleeve zippers just now, I'm gonna get one on pay day :D
  • Options
    How about french plaits? The ones that start at the top of your head?

my hair is to short for them in places, plus they make my head look a funny shape lol! i'll go for a pony tail with pretty scrunchie or summat, like a flower.

as for jumpers, i've got plenty, just gotta choose!
  • Options
    I'm going out tomorrow night straight from work. Eek. :(

I'm going to weaaaar my turn uppy jeans with the pearly bits, my new blazer, my knee high boots and a funky wee top. Need to find one, though. :|

I can't be too sexy, I might attract too many nice young men and stray..:blush:

Har. As if that'd happen. The straying bit. :p Jk.

I need a nice plain black top, but a top that's quite stylish and would fancy going clubbing, you seen any in town recently?
  • Options

I need a nice plain black top, but a top that's quite stylish and would fancy going clubbing, you seen any in town recently?

new look have got all new stuff in (well the one near me does anyways!) and they've got sum really nice dressy tops in there. i suggest you have a poke around in there and im sure you'd find something :D
  • Options
    new look have got all new stuff in (well the one near me does anyways!) and they've got sum really nice dressy tops in there. i suggest you have a poke around in there and im sure you'd find something :D

Grand! Will do, I'll have a gander before work tomorrow night. :)
  • Options
    Grand! Will do, I'll have a gander before work tomorrow night. :)

good luck :D
  • Options

i'm the same, i like to pay my own way.
  • Options
    i'm the same, i like to pay my own way.

:yes: its nice to be treated sometimes but not always
  • Options
    Jane Norman sell really nice dressy tops I think. Im going to a party (where theres this guy!) hehe. I was gonna wear combats which are sort of girly with a ribbon down the side but fairly dark green/ almost brown. Flaired an baggy I would say. However is this too boyish? An then I was going to wear a 3/4 length sleeve top which has like too layers. Shirt/vneck. Is a really cool colour.
    However I think I should dress it up. Maybe a hat would go well. Dont know any advice?
  • Options
    Originally posted by angel1886
    Jane Norman sell really nice dressy tops I think. Im going to a party (where theres this guy!) hehe. I was gonna wear combats which are sort of girly with a ribbon down the side but fairly dark green/ almost brown. Flaired an baggy I would say. However is this too boyish? An then I was going to wear a 3/4 length sleeve top which has like too layers. Shirt/vneck. Is a really cool colour.
    However I think I should dress it up. Maybe a hat would go well. Dont know any advice?

i think it depends what other will be wearing. because if they are all going to be raelly dressy you may look under-dressed but if they are going casual too then you'll look fine :)