Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

College

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm gonna be applying for college pretty soon, hopefully starting in last August. But as i was looking through a prospectus today, the courses i want to do all have a fee of ?132. My mates who are at college just now never had to pay this, so should i?

Prospectuses confuse the bahjesus outta me.
________
WEB SHOWS
________
How to roll a joint
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    are you a bit older or something?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    are you a bit older or something?

Nah, i'm 16. I left school half way through 5th year (I'm in Scotland) and took a year off.
    ________
    Avandia Lawsuit
    ________
    mariaK
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    I would imagine it would be free for you to take courses because you are under the age of 19.. that's how is works here :confused:I even think you can take the course for free as long as you started it when you were 19.... not totally sure about that one though... should find out really

yeh, i'm sure it's something like that though i'm guessing it might be different in scotland
  • Options
    You can get your college fees paided through SAAS which is how I get my fees paid for. Also when you apply for your fees you can apply for other benefits and a bursary or student loan which will help you through college. If you need any help or adive with your college fees or whatever then send me a PM and I will be more than happy to help you. :)
  • Options
    It's a new tax, created by the Executive. They spy on people in their houses, especially those who take a year off. It's called The Lazy Bastard Tax :p

Nah, I dunno mate. Phone up SAAS, and the college,
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    yeh, i'm sure it's something like that though i'm guessing it might be different in scotland

it shouldnt be difficult cos you are in scotland. you have to apply to get your fees paid for you and if you are entitled to any sort of grant. im not sure who you apply to though for college. i kow that if its uni you go through the SAAS.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Nah, i'm 16. I left school half way through 5th year (I'm in Scotland) and took a year off.

Fucking hell RiSe & ShIne! I never knew you were so young! And a Christmas leaver too I expect? :razz:
  • Options
    Cheers for your help everyone, i've pm'ed you Lil Miss.

And Jazza, i left just before Christmas, mid October i think.
    ________
    Glass Bubblers
    ________
    Side effects from paxil
  • Options
    i'm at college and its great its ok for lessons but the free time you get is great. on a tuesday i start at 10.20 in the morning and finish at 1pm so i can go home on a wednesday we all finish at 1.30pm :hyper: :yes: :razz: