Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

HOW DO U KNOW WHEN YOU'RE IN LOVE?

Ok, I don't understand love.

You see, I've known this guy @ college since I started there. I used 2 fancy him, but now I've got 2 know him better and I've got rid of my schoolgirl crush.

I've found that I really care 4 him, but not because I wanna go out with him because it's not a sexual love & I'm scared I'll lose his friendship.

The main thing that put me off asking him out is that he goes out with girls 4 "emotional stability" & his relationships don't last long because he usually goes out with girls he hardly knows.

He said that he wouldn't go out with me because we're too good as mates & it's not worth losing.

I don't know what's come over me, have I found my soul mate?

OPEN YOUR MIND...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    I think there's lots of different kinds of love, which can exist apart or go together. I think when you find someone you both fancy and feel extremely comfortable with, care for and are close to, that's the person you want to be with. Maybe I'm being a little idealistic here.

Sounds like a soul m8 to me though, but I wouldn't go out with him if you don't fancy him, it won't work. Like RachelHolmes said, you might find your feelings change/grow a little in the future...
  • Options
    there are all kind of love
    but you know when you are truly in love - when it does doesn't make sense anymore, you don't know why you feel that way about them you just do
  • Options
    Originally posted by MaLkAv:
    there are all kind of love
    but you know when you are truly in love - when it does doesn't make sense anymore, you don't know why you feel that way about them you just do

Equally, the same can be said about blind obsessions/crushes... but they're all fairly close together anyway. I dunno though, I think it is possible to know to at least some extent why you love someone. The way they care about you and other people, the way they face the world and do stuff, etc.