Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Importers dont make small deals eh?

I dont know if you have seen the news story about the 'big' coke importer who was making crack and selling it on, supposedly making £170m in the process.

The amounts involved arent really that high, he is supposed to have imported about 1/2 tonne over the course of the years he was operating.

But what was interesting was that he was importing in bulk and selling in small amounts, a practice which I always thought was unheard of. In this case the police estimates of street value might actually be somewhat close to what he was making.

Heres a quote;
"On 21 March, police raided a flat in Clapham, south London, where they found a working crack factory and seized a holdall containing 24lb of drugs with a potential street value of more than £1m.

The haul, which was divided and packaged ready for 56,400 individual deals, was the largest single seizure of crack cocaine ever made in the UK."

Heres the BBC story;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3590941.stm
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    some people have no business sense but saying that ...when i was into smack i used to have three iranian restuarant owners as customers and i made a killing out of them every time. one would pop round and ask for 200 ten pound wraps!
    another would come round and aske for fifteen seperate grams ...yes at gram price ...and so many half grams ...which were dearer again.
    i never explained or offered any advice to save them money ...who would!
  • Options
    imagine all the drugs that could be got witjh that money, swimming in a pool of heroin needles, smarties boxes full of pills, big daz packets full of speed, brilliant gimme some now
  • Options
    I very much doubt he made that much money by himself, granted there is that much and FAR more to be made, but you have to pay the producers, carriers, etc. Then you have to pay someone to take your money in the Caymens, its not the money laundering paradise it once was.