You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Young People and Self-Harm: A National Inquiry

SystemSystem Posts: 8,585 Community Managers
The Government has set up an inquiry into the so-called "self-harm epidemic" among young people, and there is an opportunity for people to present evidence, including personal stories and evidence, to the inquiry in order to give mental health professionals a better understanding of what self-harming is all about.

The website is SelfHarmUK.

To add: if one of mods doesn't think that this should be posted on TheSite, just let me know:) I don't know whether it is or not, it was a link found from the article Susie posted in The Observer.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is really interesting and it's about time that they looked into it. I just signed up for them to send me the updates about what they find...
    Re: Young People and Self-Harm: A National Inquiry
    Originally posted by Kermit

To add: if one of mods doesn't think that this should be posted on TheSite, just let me know:) I don't know whether it is or not, it was a link found from the article Susie posted in The Observer.

Not at all - we're all for it - it's about time more notice was taken of self harm and a better understanding and awareness is definitely needed.
    :)
    Thats good.. very good..
    I heard about this a while ago when the web site wasn't running and forgot all about it - cheers for that I'll have a wee look :)
    I think its good that its being investigated at last. I tried to contact them and left a message.