Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chances of getting it back?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went away to peterborough at the weekend and I left my science book on the kings cross - peterborough train Do you think there'll be any chance of getting it back it has 1-2yrs worth of work on it

if anyone finds a book with my name (graeme hood) on it give it back plz

Comments

• Options
    i've got a book with 'Robin Hood' on if that helps

you could change your name to Robin...
  • Options
    You should start by either getting in touch with GNER or WAGN; both have Lost Property Offices, and you should be able to find their numbers on http://www.nationalrail.co.uk
  • Options
    It was a GNER train I checked out the lost items office but they haven't found anything yet :(
  • Options
    Report it to the police, too. They'll give you a lost property number thingy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocks
    Report it to the police, too. They'll give you a lost property number thingy.

That's probably not worth it- it's not like it's insured:p

Just keep ringing GNER up- be aware that the main Lost Property Office for GNER is in Newcastle, so it might take a while to turn up:)
  • Options
  • Options
    Graeme Hood :chin: now I know your surname :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Graeme Hood :chin: now I know your surname :D

Richard O'neil I've known your's for yonk's:p
  • Options
    Re: Chances of getting it back?
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    I went away to peterborough at the weekend and I left my science book on the kings cross - peterborough train Do you think there'll be any chance of getting it back it has 1-2yrs worth of work on it

if anyone finds a book with my name (graeme hood) on it give it back plz

My cousins left a mobile phone and a £1,000 laptop on a bus and got that back, luckily the phon was my Dad's and I'd written our home phone number on the battery otherwise we'd probabaly never have seen it ..
  • Options
    Richard I've known your's for yonk's:p

That's really unfair :( you chose to disclose your own surname but disclosing other peoples on a public forum :no:
  • Options
    That's really unfair :( you chose to disclose your own surname but disclosing other peoples on a public forum :no:

Didn't franki have it in her sig or someone did once? if not sorry *pats on head*
  • Options
    Possibly someones thrown it onto the tracks?

I shall live in hope.
  • Options
    i'm one of two regs with the surname 'O`Brien' \o/
  • Options
    why thank you Lacymay. wasn't that a bit uncalled for?:(

Anyway I hope I find it.. It's like.. loads of work and I'm not doing it again..
  • Options

Not really.
  • Options

Anyway I hope I find it.. It's like.. loads of work and I'm not doing it again..

the works only useful for revision really (though writing it down in the first place helps you learn it). I never look back at my classbook really; those CGI revision books do me fine :thumb: :)
  • Options
    the works only useful for revision really (though writing it down in the first place helps you learn it). I never look back at my classbook really; those CGI revision books do me fine :thumb: :)

Lol there Cool but have dodgy un funny jokes in.. WORSE THAN MINE...
  • Options

OMFG Those books are sent from Satan I swear.
  • Options

check out the jokes on the bottom of the pages at http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_www.asp

--

Internet Joke

Customer: "I don't have a computer. Is the internet available in book form?"

Computer Joke

Customer: "When I hit the 'L' key, the computer puts a '1' on the screen!"
  • Options
    Didn't franki have it in her sig or someone did once? if not sorry *pats on head*

You could always go and edit your post you eedjit.

T'missus' phone had a trip to London on GNER once, we rang it up and it was in Grantham of all places :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    OMFG Those books are sent from Satan I swear.
    I am actually the only person on the planet who thinks they're funny aren't I? That's worrying. I shall seek help first thing tomorrow.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    You should find out what the first and last stops on the trains journey were and ring those stations, it's quite likely that they cleaned the train at either end and have found your book. :)

-peterborough - I got on at

straight to

-London kings cross - no stops on the way
  • Options
    id ring up both kings cross and peterborough stations as well as both police stations lost property, because its the sort of thing that isnt worth anything to anyone else except you so someone probably would have handed it in. I certainly would hand in someones workbooks if i found them and im sure im not the only one. If nobody handed it in, then the driver or the ticket inspector would have found it and handed it in.
  • Options
    Thank I'll see if I can e-mail them I need the books back.. exams start soon:(
  • Options
    -peterborough - I got on at

straight to

-London kings cross - no stops on the way

Do you also know where the train started from in the North, i.e. Newcastle, Leeds etc? If the train didn't get cleaned at Kings Cross, then it might have got cleaned at the other station where it terminates. If you can remember what time train you got on at peterborough you can look at the GNER timetables to work it out, or if you want I could quickly do it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RepeatToFade
    Do you also know where the train started from in the North, i.e. Newcastle, Leeds etc? If the train didn't get cleaned at Kings Cross, then it might have got cleaned at the other station where it terminates. If you can remember what time train you got on at peterborough you can look at the GNER timetables to work it out, or if you want I could quickly do it.

14.20 peterborough - kings cross goes straight through no stops :) thanks if you can look. Im trying sort this work out

(please look at my other thread :D)

and thanks:)
  • Options
    14.20 peterborough - kings cross goes straight through no stops :) thanks if you can look.

Did you come back on sunday?

If you did it looks like it did start from Peterborough, which is a bit weird, but I think it was due to engineering work. But then if you look at what journey it might do coming back (maybe 10 mins after it arrived), it goes to Doncaster. So I'm not really sure who to ring, because I don't know where it's likely to have been cleaned.

I'd suggest just ring the main office and maybe Kings Cross (if Kings Cross is not the main office), and hopefully someone will have handed it in. Good Luck.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RepeatToFade
    Did you come back on sunday?

If you did it looks like it did start from Peterborough, which is a bit weird, but I think it was due to engineering work. But then if you look at what journey it might do coming back (maybe 10 mins after it arrived), it goes to Doncaster. So I'm not really sure who to ring, because I don't know where it's likely to have been cleaned.

I'd suggest just ring the main office and maybe Kings Cross (if Kings Cross is not the main office), and hopefully someone will have handed it in. Good Luck.

I thought it started at peterborough but when the train arived there was already many people on it.
  • Options
    On the website they had a timetable just for that day, seeing as it would be different, and that said it started at peterborough. Maybe they had finished the engineering work and it was back to the normal timetable. Anyway I looked at that and the train started at Leeds, but I've got no idea whether it went back to Leeds after, I would have thought so though. So maybe try Leeds, as well as the main office and Kings Cross.
  • Options
    thanks for all your help anyway:)