Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Miriam

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone see the very last episode of Miriam?

Kinda gotta feel sorry for her in the end .. didn't realise she was only 21 as well.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I presume you mean the 'theres something about Mirium' on Sky?

As it happens I caught the last 5 mins of it. I had seen the publicity around it and thought it very distasteful.

It was just a freak show.

A couple of the men involved filed assault charges against her and the show, I'm not sure how they got on though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

A couple of the men involved filed assault charges against her and the show, I'm not sure how they got on though.

They agreed on an out of court settlement in the end.

Gotta agree with budda on this one, it was fucked up. They've taken reality TV a wee bit too far this time.

Transexuals should be locked up anyway. Am I the only one that thinks the line "I'm a man trapped inside a womans body" sounds ever so slightly mentally unstable? These people shouldn't be given the operations privately, nevermind on the NHS!
  • Options
    Thats a bit harsh Kiezo, I'm surprised you can work up such feeling about the issue, how have they personally offended you?
  • Options
    I agree with Kiezo tbh. If God wanted you to be woman he would of fucking given you a fanny and a stonkin great pair of tats.
  • Options
    Kiezo, most people wouldn't disagree with you that transsexuals do need support from mental health professionals, which is why the NHS insist on it (I think!) before allowing you to have the operation. The fact is though that they find it hard because they feel they aren't who they ought to be on some level and most feel better after the operation. So if that's the solution, what's the problem?

Bongbudda's right, what concern is it of yours?
  • Options
    This has just reminded me. I was once graced with the presence of a tranny outside a club. The one thing that poped into my head was Ronald McDonald.

Anyone hear about that tranny that was "a woman traped in a body"? Heshe decided it was a mistake and wanted to go back to being a man. I will say... gutted.
  • Options
    Thats a bit harsh Kiezo, I'm surprised you can work up such feeling about the issue, how have they personally offended you?

I can still have a strong opinion on a subject without being personally offended by it, right?
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Kiezo, most people wouldn't disagree with you that transsexuals do need support from mental health professionals, which is why the NHS insist on it (I think!) before allowing you to have the operation.

It's still a waste of resources that are sorely needed elsewhere.
    The fact is though that they find it hard because they feel they aren't who they ought to be on some level

Aah so they're also delusional? :p
    So if that's the solution, what's the problem?

If we tried to solve every mentally unstable persons' problems with their ideal solutions, it wouldn't be a pretty sight.

See above.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    It's still a waste of resources that are sorely needed elsewhere.

Not if they have it done privately, which you think they should be denied also. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Kiezo, most people wouldn't disagree with you that transsexuals do need support from mental health professionals, which is why the NHS insist on it (I think!) before allowing you to have the operation. The fact is though that they find it hard because they feel they aren't who they ought to be on some level and most feel better after the operation. So if that's the solution, what's the problem?

doesn't it become his concern if he is tricked by a transexual? maybe he has been or doesn't want to risk being tricked and so is taking the get-away-from-me-you-mentally-unstable-freak mode. I personally pretty much agree with him.

Back to Miriam, I saw that and the disgusting spots on his chest :eek2: he did not look 21 and you could tell he wasn't a real female because of his jaw. However, it was a bit convinient that all of the men at the end were like 'oh yeah I knew he was a man all along' yeah....right
  • Options
    Keizo; I have no real desire to argue about this with you I was just curious about your opinion thats all, I kind of assumed you were somewhat liberal, but I guess it doesnt extend to this.

This is a mental health issue, same as depression, or whatever, it should be and is treated as such. Thats my view anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    I agree with Kiezo tbh. If God wanted you to be woman he would of fucking given you a fanny and a stonkin great pair of tats.

Does everyone believe in God?
  • Options
    Felix; Are you also suggesting that there are no such thing as birth defects?
  • Options
    It was a disgrace overall,
    I think the last two blokes did have a genuine affection for her come the end- the jealousy showed that.

Its playing with peoples emotions and making a show of the lads,
    They got 125K settlement each.Imagine every time they go out and having the piss taking out of them, good looking for a man all the same but a bit sick-
    Strange how none of them noticed when she got a bit excited...
  • Options
    I thought she was post-op, thus technically making her a her.

She did look a bit bloke-ish, but whether you would think, Oh, she's a post-op man, or whether you would just think she was a little bloke-ish, like some women are, I dont know.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    Strange how none of them noticed when she got a bit excited...

:lol:

Personally I think itis taking a liberty and is really messing with people's emotions. That Miriam should get help the arsehole knew what he was doing and he played along. This must have done something to his feelings and his thoughts too.

PS I say HE because whatever operation HE gets. HE came into the world with presumeably a Penis and testicles. No matter what, that person is a still a man.
  • Options
    Well to some extent I find it very sad but for different reasons. Miriam went on the show to find love and then was treated like shit by the person she finally found when he saw that she was a transsexual. Miriam got exploited on this show. Sky knew that she would never find love when she was revealed as a man but till then she did great.

What would have happened if the person who Miriam had picked hadn't found out she was a man? and they got to know each other better(not like that) and then he had found out that she was a man? Might he not have stayed with her?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Agrofrog
    What would have happened if the person who Miriam had picked hadn't found out she was a man? and they got to know each other better(not like that) and then he had found out that she was a man? Might he not have stayed with her?

:/ I highly doubt it :rolleyes:

"Oh dear, you have a cock! So do I! It doesn't matter that I've been cheated out of hot pussy, lets just stay together. Heck, we might even get a part on Coronation Street!"

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    :/ I highly doubt it :rolleyes:

"Oh dear, you have a cock! So do I! It doesn't matter that I've been cheated out of hot pussy, lets just stay together. Heck, we might even get a part on Coronation Street!"

:rolleyes:

Um yes but then if he was going to react like that and be so superficial then didn't he deserve what happened to him?

I still think that she was the victim, if there was one, in all of this.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Agrofrog
    Miriam went on the show to find love

if that was the motive behind it, she should have been honest.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_ha
    if that was the motive behind it, she should have been honest.

But then she woudln't have found love. She wants men who love her as a woman not as a transgendered person as she is about to have an operation to become a woman.

Does this mean that you lot wouldn't accept her as a woman even when she has had the operation and has all the women bits?
  • Options
    Does this mean that you lot wouldn't accept her as a woman even when she has had the operation and has all the women bits?

He will still be a man no matter what he has done to him. When he has his nads converted I wouldn't have a relationship ship with him or anything else no matter how stunning he was.

If you go on a show like that expecting to find love then your just stupid. Lads like that go on those shows do it for a laugh and to get laid. Heshe is a glamour mode (I think) and proberly done it for the attention.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    If you go on a show like that expecting to find love then your just stupid. Lads like that go on those shows do it for a laugh and to get laid.

For lads, read completely retarded individuals.
  • Options
    For lads, read completely retarded individuals.

What else would they do it for apart from the free holiday?
  • Options
    If we tried to solve every mentally unstable persons' problems with their ideal solutions, it wouldn't be a pretty sight.

Oh nonsense!!

Tell me, do you frown upon people with mental health problems??

Heck, he's got depression. How EVIL!!!:rolleyes: :lol:

A man taking hormones and getting an operation DOESN'T harm you. Oh right, it offends. As if people don't get offended at other things..:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    It offends me in a way that I'm pretty afraid to come across (no pun) someone like Miriam.

Imagine getting all horny kissing what you thought was a girl, starting to wander downstairs and feel a nob :crazyeyes

If she was looking for love she was looking in the wrong place imo, why would a straight guy fall in love with a guy?? They wouldn't, so unless Miriam had all the operations carried out and then never told the bloke she has no way of finding love with a straight guy.
  • Options
    Well to be honest i think alot of you are certianly being close minded.

i believe that some people have a condition where they are born with male sex organs but have a female brain. The human brain is quite complex and it only takes a dodgy gene to make you like that.

And i do feel sorry for miriam too, obviously she wasnt allowed to tell them the truth because that was the whole point of the show, the guys should have understood this and just laughed about it. If i were one of those men i wouldnt have given a shit about what people at home would say because he/she hardly looks like a man in fact he/she looks better than most women i know, lol.

Im no im not gay/bi by any means but everyone has feelings and it must be hard for her/him to be constantly labelled as a freak because of a condition he/she cant help
  • Options
    she/he hasnt even had the op yet! apparantly she's waiting for better surgery techniques. Did she show her dangly bits at the end of the show?
  • Options
    NO! Thank god, im open minded but thats going 1 step too far for us innocent sky 1 viewers
  • Options
    Originally posted by Londonboy
    innocent sky 1 viewers

Yeh right. :lol:
  • Options

This is a mental health issue, same as depression, or whatever, it should be and is treated as such. Thats my view anyway.

Mine too, that was my point :p We should try to help them instead of going along with what they want to do in their mentally unstable state.
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    Oh nonsense!!

Tell me, do you frown upon people with mental health problems??

Heck, he's got depression. How EVIL!!!:rolleyes: :lol:

Read what I said again. kthx.

It was more alogn the lines of 'Heck, he's got depression. He wants to kill himself, so we should let him!'