Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Omg.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by my_name
    thats why you gotta learn to be a class A mooch. you can have everything you need and lots of stuff you want without ever paying for a thing... hence no need for a job. anybody can do it. its just something you must learn. like a sport... nearly anybody can do it, you just have to practice and practice to get great at it.

hmmm... if jenna reads this she is gonna be piiiiisssed off at me :p

I like to have money to be able to get things I want or need. I dont want to sponge off others.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    I like to have money to be able to get things I want or need. I dont want to sponge off others.

:eek: :eek: wow... you would rather work and spend all your own money than just have others buy you what you want/need and have all the free time in the world? amazing.
  • Options
    :eek: :eek: wow... you would rather work and spend all your own money than just have others buy you what you want/need and have all the free time in the world? amazing.

Yup.
  • Options
    I dont want to sponge off others.

Do you pay for your own food? Do you pay your own bills, electricty etc.? Are you paying for this internet access?

Thought not :p

Try being me. If I don't earn, I don't eat :(
  • Options
    Yes I do actually Brian. I pay my mum rent AND I pay for my internet access, it comes out of my bank. Thanks.

And if you dont earn you can always go on job seekers and get your rent paid for you as well as £80 a week.

Edit: every 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Do you pay for your own food? Do you pay your own bills, electricty etc.? Are you paying for this internet access?

Thought not :p

Try being me. If I don't earn, I don't eat :(

lalalala the landlady (my roomates great aunt) pays all the utilities and i have no rent to pay, my roomate buys all the food and my gas and pot and alcohol and everything, my parents still buy me clothes and send me money all the time, my friends buy me meals and days out on the town... god i love my life :heart::heart::p

though it does get boring sometimes because everybody works during the day when i am alone... oh wait, no, i just sleep till all hours of the day so it ain't bad
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blackout
    i may be a vagina but at least i can read :p

I'm investing in some spectacles
  • Options
    lalalala the landlady (my roomates great aunt) pays all the utilities and i have no rent to pay, my roomate buys all the food and my gas and pot and alcohol and everything, my parents still buy me clothes and send me money all the time, my friends buy me meals and days out on the town... god i love my life :heart::heart::p

though it does get boring sometimes because everybody works during the day when i am alone... oh wait, no, i just sleep till all hours of the day so it ain't bad

is this a long term plan?
  • Options
    Yes I do actually Brian. I pay my mum rent AND I pay for my internet access, it comes out of my bank. Thanks.

Oh, Ok then :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid
    is this a long term plan?

oh i do hope so :D

but i am looking for a job :( (though i'm taking my jolly good time with it) and maybe in a year or two i'm gonna go back to school :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Oh, Ok then :(

You will be.
  • Options
    oh i do hope so :D

but i am looking for a job :( (though i'm taking my jolly good time with it) and maybe in a year or two i'm gonna go back to school :)

do your parents/roomate/whoever else see it as you sponging off them/a generous donation on their part/a loan you'll pay back?
  • Options
    oh no, i've spent 18 years of my life not rising to my ability so in later cirmstances they expect less and less and less from me... as i like to say, if you do something bad enough the first time you won't be asked to do it again :p they all see it as a generous donation. i've been doing this kind of work since I was about 13. my parents are the kind whom, if i lived with them, i could live without paying anything till the day i die. they don't make their children pay for anything, they just want their children to be happy. and my roomate... she knows my ways and she is fine with it because she knows damn well that one day when i get this job i will help out all i can. she knows that when i'm employed she can be unemployed if she wishes (though she doesn't want to) so its all dandy really.
  • Options
    oh no, i've spent 18 years of my life not rising to my ability so in later cirmstances they expect less and less and less from me... as i like to say, if you do something bad enough the first time you won't be asked to do it again :p they all see it as a generous donation. i've been doing this kind of work since I was about 13. my parents are the kind whom, if i lived with them, i could live without paying anything till the day i die. they don't make their children pay for anything, they just want their children to be happy. and my roomate... she knows my ways and she is fine with it because she knows damn well that one day when i get this job i will help out all i can. she knows that when i'm employed she can be unemployed if she wishes (though she doesn't want to) so its all dandy really.

I know you havent asked for my opinion but I'm going to give it anyway, I think the way you are acting about being unemployed and saying freely how you are taking your time about getting a job that you're very selfish. Fair enough if its your parents but not your friends. One day they might drop you like a tonne of bricks and when they do, sit back and think about this thread.
  • Options
    I know you havent asked for my opinion but I'm going to give it anyway, I think the way you are acting about being unemployed and saying freely how you are taking your time about getting a job that you're very selfish. Fair enough if its your parents but not your friends. One day they might drop you like a tonne of bricks and when they do, sit back and think about this thread.

i probably won't think about this thread, though I will think about what I've done. I've been unemployed and acting this way for nearly 10 months now. Sure, my roomate may kick me out one day if it continues and she's had enough, but I know her very very well, and it would take alot. Alot as in I would have to burn the place down for her to kick me out. Yea, I may be selfish, so what? It is the way I am. I've been selfish forever. My friends are all aware of it. They know the extent of my selfishness and my lazyness, they know though. The good friends I have are friends thru and thru. No matter what happens. This statement has been tested many times. If any one of them was fed up and sick of the way I was acting they would not associate with me anymore. The topic has been brought up, yes, but they are still there for me. They may help me financially and other such ways, but I am there for them in so many ways just as equally as important. You're post does have a point, yet its not like that in my situation. Thanks.
  • Options
    my name; you've got it all, relaxing in life while you can, anyone would given the chance.

Good on you :thumb:

I take it you still get money for cigs alcohol drugs coffee etc etc..
  • Options
    :thumb:

i would die without my cigarettes and *cough*stuff