Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Slept on the couch!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am so tired! I ended up sleeping on the couch last night, can you believe it wasn't even through any fault of myself. Girlfriend went to bed early and I stayed up talking. Eventually went to bed at about 1:30am, and asked er for her mobile to set the alarm. Queue much, 'I don't know where it is, grump grump'. So, she fell asleep again, let me sleep on the couch, didn't ask me to come to bed, and I had to get up and check my watch every couple of hours so I wouldn't be late. What do you think of that?!?!

Comments

• Options
    Couldn't you just take your watch to bed?

Or do what I've done and not bothered with sleep?
  • Options
    Go without sleep!?!?! are you mad. I was working all day yesterday, and all day today. No chance I could've made it without sleep. And as for the watch, I would've just been too comfy and slept in, as I did when I was on the couch. Am I making as big deal out of nothing?
  • Options
    Well you should have just went to sleep and woke up whenever, it is shite though when you only get a few hours sleep, i got less than 5 hours last night.
  • Options
    It's better than sleeping outside in a field.
  • Options
    Re: Slept on the couch!!!
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    I am so tired! I ended up sleeping on the couch last night, can you believe it wasn't even through any fault of myself.

Ha, how wasn't it your fault? You were the one who stayed up til whenever talking. :p

*runs*
  • Options
    yEAH, BUT SHE WAS Awake (caps lock...) when I turned on the light, then fell asleep... It's all her fault... :impissed:
  • Options
    why didn't you just get in the bed if she fell asleep again?
  • Options
    yEAH, BUT SHE WAS Awake (caps lock...) when I turned on the light, then fell asleep... It's all her fault... :impissed:

Ah my God! People falling asleep in beds, whatever next. :p
  • Options
    Cos I had to be in work for 8:50am, and couldn't risk totally fallign asleep unless these was an alarm, but she didn't want to try and find her mobile... :mad:
  • Options
    Cos I had to be in work for 8:50am, and couldn't risk totally fallign asleep unless these was an alarm, but she didn't want to try and find her mobile... :mad:

Yes, and if it were me I'd rather sleep than go looking for some mobile just cos you wanted to stay up late (or early as it were) talking to people! :p
  • Options
    No! But.. But... She's in the wrong! I know she is...
  • Options
    No! But.. But... She's in the wrong! I know she is...

Nope, I think it's you. Now go apologise to your poor girlfriend you horrible boy :p
  • Options
    She's really not. :p

If you hadn't stayed up talking to people you'd have got some sleep. :p

Bwahaha, I hope you learnt your lesson! Dammit, they need an evil grin smiley.
  • Options
    No! She went to bed, and she let me sleep onthe couch, and she never asked me to come to bed!!! It's all her fault!! Aiiieeee! The horrible thing is, I probably will end up apologising...
  • Options
    I am so tired! I ended up sleeping on the couch last night, can you believe it wasn't even through any fault of myself. Girlfriend went to bed early and I stayed up talking. Eventually went to bed at about 1:30am, and asked er for her mobile to set the alarm. Queue much, 'I don't know where it is, grump grump'. So, she fell asleep again, let me sleep on the couch, didn't ask me to come to bed, and I had to get up and check my watch every couple of hours so I wouldn't be late. What do you think of that?!?!

This is the reason I don't want a girlfriend. More bloody trouble than they're worth, and they always find something to moan or be awkward about :p:(

I hate not sleeping well.
  • Options
    It really dosen't matter now so forget this pointless arguing.
  • Options
    No! She went to bed, and she let me sleep onthe couch, and she never asked me to come to bed!!! It's all her fault!! Aiiieeee! The horrible thing is, I probably will end up apologising...

So you stayed up late talking to mates, and she left you to it and rather than nagged you just went to bed, but then you woke her up going on about her mobile phone and she's in the wrong? No wonder we nag you men :p
  • Options
    Couldn't you just have rung the mobile then listened out for it?
  • Options
    Ach, you might be half right. I was actually talking to her flatmate (also a friend of us both), and she went off to bed without saying goodnight. It just seemed like she didn't care whether I a) slept in the bed or b) was late for work. Bah humbug... :impissed:
  • Options
    Was alcohol consumed by anyone?
  • Options
    I had 2 beers and she had half a bailies. So, not steaming drunk anyway...
  • Options
    she had half a bailies. So, not steaming drunk anyway...

Try having a pint of that stuff (along with some other drinks throughout the night obv). Oh, the next day just ain't worth living. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    Try having a pint of that stuff (along with some other drinks throughout the night obv). Oh, the next day just ain't worth living. :(

thats why you must drink the next day too, so you can't feel the pain :yes:
  • Options

EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLL like the froooitz of the devilllll!
  • Options
    Ach, you might be half right. I was actually talking to her flatmate (also a friend of us both), and she went off to bed without saying goodnight. It just seemed like she didn't care whether I a) slept in the bed or b) was late for work. Bah humbug... :impissed:
    she wanted you to follow her, ya know maybe for some sex. so it's all your fault. i hope you've learned your lesson :p
  • Options

maybe she was very exhausted, and didnt want to disturb your talking. :yes:
  • Options
    It just seemed like she didn't care whether I a) slept in the bed or b) was late for work. Bah humbug... :impissed:

Is it a mother or a girlfriend you want?

*runs*
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Is it a mother or a girlfriend you want?

*runs*
    Ohhh! The cheek!! :p Anyway, I never ended up apologising, it was just defused by her in her usual manner... *humpf*
  • Options
    Poor, poor wee Bobbert. :(

Tragic, innit.
  • Options
    Yip it is Becky B! (Ali B... sort of) :p Innit?