Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Vigilante Groups

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
After the Kriss Donaldson case, the boy in London that was murdered (was on TV, 'Walls of Silence'), all the various muggings and stuff from neds/kevs/chav/ gangs that pollute our cities, do you think that vigilante groups are a good idea? Provided they have a clear purpose to dissuade neds etc from any wrong doing as opposed to actually fighting them? I would say yes. It's not going to be too long before these fuckers have every city in a major state of panic, and decent people are afraid to walk the streets at night. and after my assault last friday, I would be even more for it.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Vigilante Groups
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    After the Kriss Donaldson case, the boy in London that was murdered (was on TV, 'Walls of Silence'), all the various muggings and stuff from neds/kevs/chav/ gangs that pollute our cities, do you think that vigilante groups are a good idea? Provided they have a clear purpose to dissuade neds etc from any wrong doing as opposed to actually fighting them? I would say yes. It's not going to be too long before these fuckers have every city in a major state of panic, and decent people are afraid to walk the streets at night. and after my assault last friday, I would be even more for it.
    deffinately a big no. private citezens interfeering in such a way will lead to more spilt blood.
  • Options
    in the town next to where i stay there is a "young team" who have been going about terrorising the place, mugging people and they even jumped a young man and his girlfriend for nothing and put the guy in hospital.
    well hard men in that town have got sick of these arseholes and given them a taste of thier own medicine. i guess these guys are the kind that stay with thier own and dont mess with innocent people, if that makes sense. they watched and waited for this young team to start with something and they "attacked" so to speak. a few got thier fingers broken, some had pillow cases put over thier heads and given a beating. it said in the papers that some were so scared that they wet themselves.
    half of me says that it should be up to the police to get this sorted but that doesnt always happen and the rest of me says they got what they deserved and maybe they wont be going around now hurting inocent people. its a hard one!
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    in the town next to where i stay there is a "young team" who have been going about terrorising the place, mugging people and they even jumped a young man and his girlfriend for nothing and put the guy in hospital.
    well hard men in that town have got sick of these arseholes and given them a taste of thier own medicine. i guess these guys are the kind that stay with thier own and dont mess with innocent people, if that makes sense. they watched and waited for this young team to start with something and they "attacked" so to speak. a few got thier fingers broken, some had pillow cases put over thier heads and given a beating. it said in the papers that some were so scared that they wet themselves.
    half of me says that it should be up to the police to get this sorted but that doesnt always happen and the rest of me says they got what they deserved and maybe they wont be going around now hurting inocent people. its a hard one!
    thats a good example of it working.
    in the 60's 70's ...the 'hard' men and villains did in fact police their patches in this way with some sucsess. it gave the villains an air of respectability that often turned them into folk heros.
    only villains carried guns ...if a gun had gotten into the hands of kids ...the local head honcho would have heard and sent the boys round with a good kicking and a confiscation.
    in manchester at the moment ...organised big boys are stamping out the crack trade by coming down seriosly heavy on anyone dealing in the stuff ...so theres always hope.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Vigilante Groups
    Originally posted by J
    I have a broken and scared nose to confirm Mr Rolls suspicions.
    thats the big prob ...limited info ...distorted info ...and adrenalin.
    and the belief that your doing whats right ...finding out later you were wrong aaaint nio good.
  • Options
    These 'vigilante groups' are a common thing around Northern Ireland, paramilatries loyalist and Nationalist who do people's knees in who rob houses are steal cars, that sort of thing.
    I think they need other people than the police to sort out thugs.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Vigilante Groups
    Originally posted by J
    It's all in our hands with our kids when it comes to how the world will be in the future, that's all we can really do.

Dear god no!
    Have you seen the kids now a days!
    And yes i know im young too but there are bloody 12/13/14 year olds taking over the station that my peer group once ownd! And they are all twats thinking that having a dog makes you hard!
    I mean we never did that! we just sat, had a couple of drinks and chilled out. we didnt start al these silly fights!
  • Options
    Something has to be done about it though, otherwise its just going to become endemic (if it isn't already). The police don't have enough powers, government want to molly coddle the neds, and like Zella said, parents don't give a shit. Soon, the neds are going to run the cities, people will be too afraid to go anywhere. Strength in numbers, that's where the neds get their power from, and decent people are too scared to stand up against it.