Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A Political tidbit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There was some sort of year 10 health and citizenship today at my school, a grammar in Bucks:yeees: , and Conservative M.P's David Liddington and John Bercow (sp?) both attended in a Question time sort of thing. However, they did it separatly. According to the Bercow office, the two of them will refuse to be in the same room! I see the party is nicely united;)

Comments

• Options
    Not many Conservative MPs like John Bercow, because Bercow is a traitor.
  • Options
    Re: A Political tidbit
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    There was some sort of year 10 health and citizenship today at my school, a grammar in Bucks:yeees: , and Conservative M.P's David Liddington and John Bercow (sp?) both attended in a Question time sort of thing. However, they did it separatly. According to the Bercow office, the two of them will refuse to be in the same room! I see the party is nicely united;)
    That's really quite funny - they can't even be bothered to put on a pretence of liking each other!

We have our constituency MP coming in next week, which is quite exciting (because it gets me out of politics and we were due a Unit 5 mock!)
  • Options
    I remember this happening at my old school.

The Conservative candidate was from London, a good 160 miles away, blamed the Welsh for unemployment in the valleys and unsucessfuly she tried to justify privitisation of the railways.
    The Plaid Cymru candidate was from Brooklyn, didn't know her way around the constituancy and didn't seem that interested.
    The Liberal Democrat candidate was a frail old lady.
    The Pro-Life candidate didn't bother turning up.
    Our current Labour MP was the only one remotely worthy of a vote although the Lib Dem candidate made a few good points.

Later in a not so secret ballot.

Conservative: 1 vote
    Labour: 2 votes
    Lib Dem: 5 votes
    Plaid Cymru: 10 votes
    Abstinations: at least 60

A microcosm of the UK as a whole I guess.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Not many Conservative MPs like John Bercow, because Bercow is a traitor.

If I remember correctly, he refused to vote against gay adoption rights didn't he? Also isn't his wife a Labour counciller? I heard that somewhere
  • Options
    Originally posted by Braineater
    Conservative: 1 vote
    Labour: 2 votes
    Lib Dem: 5 votes
    Plaid Cymru: 10 votes
    Abstinations: at least 60

A microcosm of the UK as a whole I guess.
    Except that no one outside Wales votes for Plaid Cymru and the Lib Dems haven't beaten Labour or the Tories in a general election for decades. Sorry,I'm being a real smartass today aren't I? You're completely right about the abstentions!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    If I remember correctly, he refused to vote against gay adoption rights didn't he?

That was the thing that had made him famous, and something that almost shows morals. But he's been around longer than that, and he's as bad as Heseltine for not being able to see a back without planting a knife in it.
  • Options
    We've had political party representatives in last week!The Labour guy was the best (I never thought i'd say that); he was an MEP and actually answered the questions. The Tory (Eric Pickles) was rubbish; answers had no relevance! The Liberal Democrat was really young and naive, bless him - well dressed though! :p