Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

in between

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone get this?
... i seem to get to know people in an in-between sort of way. not quite friendship, not quite relationship ie going out, not even quite like a brother/sister way. it's odd and i wondered if anyone else out there finds this.
The Silly but also confused String

Comments

• Options
    Yeah that happens to me. Not with everyone, but there are some people I just don't know where I stand with. I can't explain it, particularly, except as you say that it's not a relationship but not quite a friendship... weird.
  • Options
    i know where i stand with people i just can't seem to work out what kind of relationship it is. something not particularly important i suppose but i have nothing more important to think about at this time of night.
  • Options
    Oh, I see what you mean. Sort of.
  • Options
    yeah, i get that sometimes, and it hurts my head. but often something happens that makes me think "hang on, this person means alot more to me than i thought" or "god, what an idiot, why am i wasting my time with them?"
  • Options
    Re: in between
    Originally posted by sillystring
    anyone get this?
    ... i seem to get to know people in an in-between sort of way. not quite friendship, not quite relationship ie going out, not even quite like a brother/sister way. it's odd and i wondered if anyone else out there finds this.
    The Silly but also confused String

sounds like a lot of my relationship history - like we get on really well, but there's just that little bit missing that makes it last