Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why so jealous?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my ex and i split up a few months ago after a 9 month relationship, we didnt exactly have the nicest of break ups, but we sorted it out and we've become friends again.

i know that none of her friends like me, her family hates me, and her school (private school) doesnt want me to have anything to do with her either. we occasionally email each other, and whenever we have the chance, we talk to each other on the phone.

before we broke up, we were really close friends, and used to spend alot of time talking. but now, because everyone she knows hates me, we dont get to talk much.

my problem is with her boyfriend. the few chances we do get to talk, if the signal on our mobile goes or one of us has to hang up for a reason, thats it, 99% of the time, he skips in and i loose the chance to talk to her.

i seem to spend more time (and money) hearing her answer phone than talking to her. whenever this happens, i get so angry, and its slowly killing me. we used to be such good friends, but now, i barely even get to talk to her. i havnt had a proper talk to her since before last week.

sorry its a rant. needed to get this out without taking my anger out on her.

dai

Comments

• Options
    i know this isn't what you want to hear but i think you had better cut a loss with her as far as the whole friendship is concerned - you may thnk its just cause the odds are stacked against you, but that's a lot - she's surrounded by people who don't like you and its unfortunate but that's the way it is.

Sorry
  • Options
    i agree with leese. chance are if you ring her up and often get her answer machine, then maybe she's turned her phone off cos she doesnt wana talk. my advice is ring her once, and tell her how you feel about your friendship, but explain its too hard with everybody against you. im really sorry about this, lots of *hugs* for you, cos i know this must realy hurt. try occupying yourself with your mates, or possibly a new g/f if u feel ready!! good luck :)