Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is this the end?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In the past couple of months, my boyf (of 2 and a half yrs) has been bringing his mates along to everything we do. I got sick of this and told him that if things didnt change then we would end up splitting up. He never seems to take me serious though. I am now at the point that when he wants to do anything with his mates i get really jealous and take it to heart that he doesnt want to spend his time with me. I dont want to carry on like this but i cant bare to imagine a world without him in it.
Everytime i want to go spend time with my mates he will try his best to stop me and nine times out of ten he does because i am so focused on keeping him happy.
But i am not happy and i dont know what to do. Should i take action to show him that i mean it? but i may be unhappy with him but i know id also be unhappy without him!
Help please!:(

Comments

• Options
    I think that you should take action to show him how you feel, but I don't think that that necessarily means breaking up with him. If you want to go out with your mates, do. Don't miss out on fun so that your boyfriend is always happy. Or you could plan you guys alone time, and just tell him your plans. If you don't get what you want out of the relationship, there has to be a better alternative, be it a different person, or a change of attitude.
  • Options
    hey there hunny.... in a big way i know what thats like.... my bf and i had a lot of problems end of last year and i was very unhappy, but didnt want to leave him...so i told him where to shove it... he soon came round and realized what he'd done, and now things are brill.....

Best i can say is tell him your sick of been treat the way you are and leave him...and you'll know how he feels by his reaction to it, i was really scared of loosing simon, but he came round thank god, im sure you bf will too.

If you wanna chat PM me or add me:)

Hope things go ok,

Love sarah xxx
  • Options
    Jeysus!! A person needs friends! you can't expect him to never see his friends. If you don't want them to come out with you and ou don't want him to go out with them without you then when is he meant to see them!!

I would say it may not be the end yet but it will be soon, and not because he is being unreasonable but because you are!

Having a relationship isn't about always being together, its about accepting eachother and that includes eachothers friends.

and - another thing - you shouldn't let him stop you seeing your friends!