Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, was wondering if ne1 cud give me some advice.

Split up with a girl a couple of months back, and I still cant stop thinking about her.

I've pulled other girls, but it doesnt make a difference-I cant get her out of my head.

She talks 2 me on MSN sometimes, and I dont wanna ignore her.

I know every1 says time is a healer, but not in this case!

And 2 add2 the problem, my Mum has bought the perfume that my girl wore when I was with her, hence reminding me of her smell all the time!

Help!

Comments

• Options
    Hi,
    you might wanna check here:
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61818

greetz!
    FLX
  • Options
    I didnt find that link helpful at all....

But anyway....from my experience, if you WANT to get over her, you really must STOP talking to her. I swear to you that all it takes is time. I was with my ex for 2 years and he controlled every bit of my life. Every little thing made me think of him. Yea, its gonna be hell for a while. :( but I promise, it will get better.

try THIS link....and its more helpful than the one posted above..

http://www.thesite.org/youthnet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=423&a=2601

heres another good one..

http://www.thesite.org/youthnet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=423&a=2668

All I can really tell you is, you dont really get over someone, its more just like you learn how to live without them in your life. It took me about 5 months to get over my ex. Everyone is different. When your on msn, just put yourself on "away" or "be right back" and dont talk to her. But your gonna want to get back with her and if you do or not, that depends on how bad you want to get over her.

*Hugs* :) Good Luck!! pm me if ya need to talk :D
  • Options
    is there no chance of you getting back together?
    is the talking on MSN just a friendly thing, or might she still like you?
    I know you might not like the idea, but sometimes it helps to tell someone you're not over them, honesty is really good. (this coming from a girl- I'm the type who thinks that sort of thing)
    I'm not very helpful, am I?
  • Options
    Good point what Freyja said.You do need to open to her and know where you stand.If she isn't interested you do need to cut all ties.I was the same as you and he was messing with my head and then one day I just said to myself that I'm important.It's up to me to make me happy and I did it and cut all ties.You need to be dependent on yourself.Never rely on anyone to make you happy.As soon as they can't offer you happiness.........Go.