Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Babble Babble Bitch Bitch

Ok Im fed up of all this shit i keep hearing!
"I dont need to meet someone to know i love them"
YES YOU FUCKING DO!!

I do admit I'm very bitter about things like this because I was dumped(first time around) by danny for someone he had never met because of said reason.
But seriously I dont believe in love at first sight and i theres no fucking way in hell i believe in love over the net.
This is not aimed at anyone here before you start getting all high and mighty about your oh so wonderful love:rolleyes:

I just dont thinks its real love.
Real love is when you *see* them all stages of their life and still love them no matter what theyve done or how they look when hey get out of bed with make up smeared everywhere.
Real love is knowing them inside and out yet still learning little things about them at the same time.

You cant love someone to the max if you dnt see them.

Now im not going to sit here and say that ive never felt something for someone on the net, but i only started to feel those things AFTER i'd met him.

Saying I love you to someone you dont know properly is cruel and can mess people heads about.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Everyone has their own opinion.

Its just coincidence that my opinion is roughly the same as yours.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well said Zella :thumb:
  • Options
    i think you can fancy someone which leads to infatuation but it's not love. i don't believe you can truly know a person just over the phone or msn. it's not a real life situation of everyday events where you see their reactions or feelings. if you don't spend time with someone then you can not see their true selves. so in effect if you say you're "in love" without ever meeting them, you're "in love" with a dream.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    :yes:, well said Lipsy!
  • Options
    so when exactly DO you know a person anyways?

IMO you can only KNOW someone if you spend a hell of a lot of time with him/her!
    the same with loving someone.

but I do believe that one can fancy someone via the net or phone, just as in real live.

either way, the surprises come when you live together with someone for some time!

unfortunately, to say you "love" someone isn't worth a damn anymore since everyone just throws it around...
    so if someone sais that it could mean just anything from "I like you" till deepest-and-forever-love

...my 2 cents
  • Options
    i have to agree zella, i don't see how you can 'love' someone you've never actually met in person. if you've had no physical contact, how can you feel close to eachother? loving someone means more than chatting on the phone once a week imo. and i don't think you can truly love someone you've not met.
  • Options
    yup. i agree too.

yes, you can fancy them. yes, you can feel a bond with them. but you can't love them. come on.

like i said in the other thread, love is not just an intellectual connection. it's physical and spiritual and all kinds of fun stuff.

what would happen if you met them and it just didn't feel right? what would happen if they smelt funny, or had bad breath, or annoying mannerisms or something? it's all the little things that count too.
  • Options
    I don't think you can be In love, but you can love them as a person. You can love their humour, their personality etc.

Thats the way i see it anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    I don't think you can be In love, but you can love them as a person. You can love their humour, their personality etc.

Thats the way i see it anyway.

I agree with that. It's totally possible to have feelings about people without meeting them.

The only issue can be the depth of feeling. I think you can feel love, because I have felt it myself for people.

But it is a different kind of love to whatever you might feel after actually being with that person, purely because the physical connection will allow so many more avenues for your affection.
  • Options
    My first real boyf was someone I met on the net, it wasn't really a relationship. We emailed loads, swapped mobile no's and he was telling me he loved me before we'd even spoken, and I hadn't actually told him my real name, cos I was cautious, having heard all the stories- he knew nothing about me and was talking about our future, sex, children... In the end it kinda scared me off- I was only 14! I think he was "In love" with the girlf he had made up, cos he didn't know me at all.
    And yes, the word 'love' really does get thrown around, which is a pity. I generally say it when I get an overwhelming, uplifting, joyful feeling that makes me excited and breathless but also happy and totally at ease flooding through me when I'm with someone who I'm crazy about. So that'd be with my wonderful boyf, Stewart, "I love him sooooo much!"