Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Just finished :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My girl friend finished with me today, it would of been a month 2moro :(

Its kinda weird, on saturday we was fine being all luvvy duvvy and everything. Then on monday she avoids me and tuesday she says that her feelings aint as strong anymore. She says shes got family problems and exam stress to worry about and wants to stay good friends with me. Also she says that we might be able to get back together after a little while.

I dont know what to think, im soooooooooooooo feeling down though :( .

Any advice please. thanx

Comments

• Options
    You got to move on - Right now it seems your girl needs space. And if you really care about her than I suggest you take a step back..

Be the best things for you both even though it doesn't feel like it is at the moment.

Keep your options opened... don't tie yourself to that one girl that you've only been with for like a month.

Good Luck!

XoX Sam XoX
  • Options
    Yeah normally if you just ignore them they wonder why and come running back. Just don't go all psycho on her, try to move on and stuff. Have a laugh with your mates and don't think about it.

Really it sounds like she using the same words everyone else does when they don't want to hurt someone.

Move on find someone else.
  • Options
    awww *hugs*
  • Options
    Thanx for the advice, i guess i have just gotta move on aint i. Its still hard though because weve liked eachother for about 4 months and only done something about it recently.

Is there any point in hoping that she will come back? Or shall i just forget it and move on?
  • Options
    In Sept I broke up with my boyf, we'd been together for over 10months and I was absoluteley crazy about him and he was about me. His reason was the same as your girlf's- he needed space to srot out all the work and family stuff. I never got over him, and vice versa. He eventually decided (2weeks ago) that he wanted me back and that family- his B*st*rd stepdad- could go to hell, cos our realtionship was too important to throw away.
    Basically what I'm saying is that if there's really something there then its worth hoping for. Do give her some space, and get on with your life- don't cling to it, cos then if it doesn't work out you'd be left like I was- totally desolate, with no back up plan. But it does happen. So if you're crazy about her, give her time, and things might go your way! good luck!
    Freyja
  • Options
    Aw..

Aw.. poor honey...

I know this is not what u want to hear, but your better of with out her!! I've been in this situation bfore, an my b/f had met someone else, and started bein all cold an horrible until i finished it, which was obviously what he wanted! then he tried to come crawlin back, but i never fell for his crap!!

You'll feel like it's the end of the world, but it won't last forever, just go out there an enjoy urself and show her that your fine, an that you don't need her!!!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Weve spoken today and she said the last thing she wants to do is hurt me, well shes broken that already by ending it!

Also i asked her if there is a chance that we will get back together, she said maybe. I dont know what this means for now but im not gonna hope for it all then realise nothings happening.

I feel a little better knowing were still gonna be good friends etc but i still feel terrible.

Im gonna see how things go for now, you will more than likely hear from me again when i find out if we are/are not together.

Thanx for the advice though everyone, its nice to see you care for a stranger :)

Thanx
  • Options
    sorry to hear that sweetie , hey we've all been through it if thats any consolation
  • Options
    Yeah I would say move on as if you were never going to get back together. When I broke up with my boyfriend around a week an a half ago I had a wee bit hope cause he still had feeling apprantly. An I loved him an stuff. Then I was really upset when I found out he was already seeing someone else!!!
    You really are best not to think about ever getting back together then you cant subject yourself to more hurt if you dont.
    Also im sure you will, although it may seem hard to believe right now, find someone else.
    You will get there hunny!
  • Options
    True true, i just gotta move on. Things like this happen but i didnt think it would happen so soon.

Thanx for being so caring. :)
  • Options
    :) time will ease the pain that you suffer. Its very true.