Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Rights over frozen embryos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.guardian.co.uk/leaders/story/0,3604,1055674,00.html

Do read the whole article before commenting.

Where as I have every sympathies with the women in this case or anybody, male or female, unable to have children. I don't think its right to force someone to become a parent against their wishes.

Throw in the fact that the male partner may have begun another relationship with or without children and have his own financial and/or family responsibilities with a new partner which would be affected by this decision.

The man would be financially responsible under current law, if we take this away in this case, could we potentially open up legal problems for unrelated cases in the future?

Comments

• Options
    I think we discussed this at the time (the article is dated October... ;) )

I agree with you really. Both parents have to consent, and either can withdraw that consent. So it is, so it should be.
  • Options
    Short-term memory loss, blame the pleasures of youth. :o

It's been featured this morning on my local news report as Natalie Evans is taking it to the Appeal courts today. That was the only link I could find.
  • Options
  • Options
    Not bad memory for an old man. I knew we'd covered this.

Short discussion though, wasn't it?
  • Options
    It wasn't political, people agreed with each other and no one kicked off or played Devils advocate. :lol:
  • Options
    I know Howard Johnston, guy who wanted the embryos destroyed. It's quite strange seeing a childhood friends name splashed across the national papers.