Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bush Attacked!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3556191.stm

Be interesting to see what Richard Clarke comes out with at the Sept 11 hearings.

Any observations Globe?

Comments

• Options
    aw you got my hopes up thinking there had been an assassination attempt :(
  • Options
    Sorry bout dat, its kicked off some interesting debates on mil.com
  • Options
    read about this in todays gaurdian. bush and rumsfeld should be jailed. seriously.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    read about this in todays gaurdian. bush and rumsfeld should be jailed. seriously.

Who's going to do it though?
  • Options
    When I read the title of this thread I thought for a moment someone had launched a guided missile at Dubya or something like that.

Oh well. We can live in hope. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    When I read the title of this thread I thought for a moment someone had launched a guided missile at Dubya or something like that.

That would probably be good for his election campaign if he survived - the 'hero' who defies all his enemies even in the face of attempts to kill him!
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    That would probably be good for his election campaign if he survived - the 'hero' who defies all his enemies even in the face of attempts to kill him!

*cough* Taiwan PM *cough*

;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Who's going to do it though?
    there is always hope thatthe american people will rise up ...or is it wake up?
  • Options
    Saddest thing is that it would only take the 'discovery' of WMDs in Iraq (there is a lot of buzzing about 'equipment' being brought into Iraq by US troops of late) or the capture of bin Laden timed nicely just before the election for the American public to re-elect (or should I say elect since the cheating scumbag never got elected in the first place) the spineless monkey.

And who can say with confidence the US government wouldn't do such a thing? Look at what they've done so far since they cheated their way into the White House...

I just hope for the sake of mankind that the filthy war criminal is booted out for good. Let Private Eye's fantastic cover come true:

1102_on.gif

:D
  • Options
    Why is it that you people seemed to think that shit started when 9/11 happened?

The fact is that 9/11 may never have happened if Clinton would have done something about the embassy bombings and the bombing of the USS Cole. Instead of taking care of the bastards then, he turned the other cheek.

Why is it that Clarke can't admit that he gave poor advice instead of claiming that no one listened to him?
  • Options
    is this the first time an american president has been the most hated man in the world?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    aw you got my hopes up thinking there had been an assassination attempt :(

Same here:(

Bush did nothing like the usa did nothing about pearl habour

the usa are known for knowing about on coming attacks and did nothing about it so they could go to war.. they did it with pearl harbour and now with sept 11th.

Clicky
  • Options
    You are right gi_janearng. This has been going on well before 9/11.

Perhaps the Bush family, who have a well documented history of friendship and business relations with the bin Laden family, would like to explain why this relationship continued to exist right up to 9/11 and why Dubya arranged for all the bin Ladens residing in the US to be picked up and flown out of America hours after the attacks.
  • Options

Me too!
  • Options
    You are right gi_janearng. This has been going on well before 9/11.

Perhaps the Bush family, who have a well documented history of friendship and business relations with the bin Laden family, would like to explain why this relationship continued to exist right up to 9/11 and why Dubya arranged for all the bin Ladens residing in the US to be picked up and flown out of America hours after the attacks.

You do have some very 'interesting' opinions sometimes, which I guess I can respect even if they are often pretty deluded.

But that is veering on crazed conspiracy theory territory...
  • Options
    Originally posted by gi_janearng
    Why is it that you people seemed to think that shit started when 9/11 happened?

Never said it started on 9/11...

It started on 04/7 (1776) :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by groovechampion
    You do have some very 'interesting' opinions sometimes, which I guess I can respect even if they are often pretty deluded.

It's actually common knowledge groovechampion.

Seven questions for Dubya

More

And more
  • Options
    I never knew that...

I guess I just assumed that was a crackpot theory along the lines of "The mossad organised 9/11!".

It is a bit surprising to learn that the Bush family have dealt with the Bin Laden family before. But I dont think its as suspect as you make out!

The Bin Laden family doesnt espouse the same ideas as Osama, I read up a little about them and it seems that they are pretty much against what he does. His mother and father even tried to persuade him to change his ways a few years back apparently.
  • Options
    Originally posted by groovechampion

Look it up.
  • Options
    It never ceases to amaze me how raising the suggestion that the CIA or Mossad had a hand in 9/11 is so offhanded dismissed by so many, despite extenisve documented history of covert operations, scandals, illicit and outright terrorist acts in other countries, etc, yet they unquestioningly believe that a bunch of essentially poorly equipped remanants from the 1980's Soviet-Afghan war (who were backed by the CIA in point of fact), hiding out in caves in Afghanistan could pull off an act with the level of military timing and precision as 9/11.

It appears the vast majority must think the intelligence services just sit around collecting data and playing tiddlywinks all day. Nevermind the fact that they have the highest clearances in government along with the most sophisticated euipment and weaponry in the western arsenals.

Watergate was a "conspiracy theory" too according to the Nixon administration and the press, until enough people started asking the truly damning questions. Questions that no supposed "investigative" panel on either side of the Atlantic has yet bothered to ask. Frankly all these enquiries are shows paid for by the tax payer which will simply slough the blame on nebulous insitutional inefficiencies that absolve all those in power of any direct blame.

How few are truly asking out loud why it is that the current US administration has routinely ignored or refused demands for a full accounting of their actions and has repeatedly betrayed its sworn oath of accountability to the nation? If it were clinton in office, youd bet the right wing hawks would be plastering headlines on every major newspaper that a coverup was underway.

Sorry, but this fraud stinks to high heaven and so does the supposed WoT which grew out of this atrocious lie. All to the ever increasing profit of the military industrial complex and the PNAC agenda.