Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

They're not scared are they?

It's with great amusement that I see the Republican Bushbots stooping to new lows to get their war criminal elected.

The smear campaign against Kerry by a load of neo-con morons is hilarious to watch, because it is so pathetic. They can't actually find any decent smear (like, say, alcoholism and military desertion) so they have to make it up :lol:

Then there's the electioneering- Bush's paymasters are so scared of losing their cosy little cartel that they spend millions on producing election material that shows 11 Sepetember 2001 in graphic detail, thereby irritating the hell out of any person with an ounce of compassion or intelligence, and removing support from the victims' families.

I wonder what the next stage will be- depends who the Bush clan can ban from voting this time, I reckon.

Let's just hope it doesn't work, even though it is very pleasurable to see the morons running scared.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I fucking hate American elections. Bush's election was a farce and this one will be too.
    Whoever gets the job must be better than Bush, surely.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Whoever gets the job must be better than Bush, surely.
    I suspect so. The problem as I see it is that Nader has said he will stand, and some commentators blame him for Gore's defeat in 2000. Nader won 19% of the popular vote, which was effectively taken from the Democrats, since he stood for Democrat issues (e.g. the environment). He probably prevented Gore from winning valuable Electoral College Votes (ECVs) by not allowign him to win a majority in some more traditionally liberal states. Obviously there were other factors, I could go on forever, but I do think that if Nader does stand again he'll be a thorn in Kerry's side. They need a united front in a country where incumbents have a 95% re-election rate...
  • Options
    Re: They're not scared are they?
    Originally posted by Kermit
    The smear campaign against Kerry by a load of neo-con morons is hilarious to watch, because it is so pathetic. They can't actually find any decent smear (like, say, alcoholism and military desertion) so they have to make it up :lol:

This piece of information may amuse you...

I was reading in the Independant a couple of weeks ago that around the time of the beginning of the Iraq war, when Kerry was looking to be a favourite for the Democratic candidate, that the White House had released a smear that suggested he looked "slightly French".

It made me chuckle heartily anyway.

Katie x :)