Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

really really bad cough

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have a really terrible cough atm. it sounds like im on 60 a day!! sometimes i cough for about 10 seconds straight and i struggle to breathe. tis kinda scary :(

so can anyone recommend any heavy-duty cough bottles or anything? been taking benylin, but its been of bugger-all help.

Comments

• Options
    Cavonia is very good but i must warn you that it doesn't taste the nicest!
  • Options
    I suggest taking ecinacea (spelling?) supplements and zinc, maybe vitamin C too.

Ya know the Co-op? They have this medicine that's really good, it costs about a quid and you put a bit in warm water and drink it. Doesn't taste too bad and it works... well for me and I'm a smoker.

Otherwise have something with ginger in it, or honey. I think Thyme is good too.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat

Ya know the Co-op? They have this medicine that's really good, it costs about a quid and you put a bit in warm water and drink it. Doesn't taste too bad and it works... well for me and I'm a smoker.

:yes: what i use, cos i have the worst cough atm sounds like im smokin like a chimney! when i dont atall.