Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hypothetical Situation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
During my Politics lesson last Thursday (results day so not much happened i got 108/120 on my Government of UK module btw;) ) we had a few discussions and this one came up:

A security guard of a wharehouse is given a £500 bribe to enable an illegal rave (or something similar) to happen there. But after he receives the money and before the thing occurs he tells the police and they stop it from happening. Was it right to take the money then inform the authorities?

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Well the man has deceived whomever wanted the rave.

I suppose he was acting lawfully by informing the police.
  • Options
    if he hadnt taken the money they wouldnt have the rave so no laws would be broken
  • Options
    He is right to inform the authorities, that is what he should do both morally and legally.

However I don't know if he could still be charged with conspiracy, I don't think that there is a good intention defence, but I might be wrong. I'm not exactly hot on that aspect of the law.
  • Options
    he happily pockets the money and then grasses up the people who paid him ...he's a cnunt simple as.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    he happily pockets the money and then grasses up the people who paid him ...he's a cnunt simple as.

:yes:

I wouldn't take the money myself because I wouldn't want my job screwed over. What the guard has done is two-faced.
  • Options
    He's a **** and would probably get a kicking.
  • Options
    The security dude would be a dead man walking. There are some nasties about. Not all people is the music game are nice chaps who just do stuff like this for the music.

The rave wouldof/should of been sorted out better than just giving some seurity dude a bung tbh.

Back to the question.

Yeah it was wrong. He needs a slap.
  • Options
    The security guard would also be guilty of theft and would, if the ravers wanted to press charges would be arrested.
  • Options
    Cheers, yeah that was the general concecus of my class too...well in not such strong words
  • Options
    hmmmm. Lets see, It's like this.

If I know these dudes that are having this rave, chances are it's gonna be a good night, So I'ma take that cash & party.

If it's some bunch of nobodies that I don't know from Adam, then I pocket the cash, & dip with it. Everyones gotta eat, & these fools are happily gonna hand over half a G. Hell yeah, I'm eating, smokin' & livin' nice for a couple of days courtesy of a twerp with cash. As for the Police, them scoundrels probably would do both of us, so as far as I'm concerned I aint about to get the law involved on an easy winning.

PEACE
  • Options
    Originally posted by SlimeFace
    hmmmm. Lets see, It's like this.

If I know these dudes that are having this rave, chances are it's gonna be a good night, So I'ma take that cash & party.

If it's some bunch of nobodies that I don't know from Adam, then I pocket the cash, & dip with it. Everyones gotta eat, & these fools are happily gonna hand over half a G. Hell yeah, I'm eating, smokin' & livin' nice for a couple of days courtesy of a twerp with cash. As for the Police, them scoundrels probably would do both of us, so as far as I'm concerned I aint about to get the law involved on an easy winning.

PEACE

Yep, I like this dudes post!

Whatever happens, he's getting paid.

;)
  • Options
    Rip people off and he'd get a kicking though.
  • Options
    And a well deserved one.
  • Options
    Re: Hypothetical Situation
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    During my Politics lesson last Thursday (results day so not much happened i got 108/120 on my Government of UK module btw;) ) we had a few discussions and this one came up:

A security guard of a wharehouse is given a £500 bribe to enable an illegal rave (or something similar) to happen there. But after he receives the money and before the thing occurs he tells the police and they stop it from happening. Was it right to take the money then inform the authorities?

What do you think?

Well, if an illegal rave got cancelled because somebody effectivly stole somebodys money and grassed id be pissed off.

Prick.

He would have been in the right to grass i guess, just not accept the money.