Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

my fault - mum in hospital

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well today my mother went into hospital (psych ward) to do with her depression and stuff that has happened lately. I then found out she is staying in there. All the blame has been shifted on to me (lil miss socks says - it isn't his fault) by the family.

this has made me feel really shit, and I don't know what to do, I just feel like ending it all. it's all doing my head in, what can I do?

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    If you don't think its your fault then stick by your guns mate, dont let them blame you if its not your fault.

Other than that mate, I can't really help you a great deal.
  • Options
    Re: my fault - mum in hospital
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    and I don't know what to do, I just feel like ending it all.

YEA! thats really gonna help your mum! {sarcasm}
    Well why do they think its your fault?
    Your mother is not your responsibility tbh.
  • Options
    I think it's my fault, I believe it's my fault and It's all because of school and shit that this has happened, last friday she Over dosed because I refused to go to school and all this shit is my fault.. so if I was gone it would be alot easyer for evetyone. Eliminate the problem. thus I'm the problem so eliminate me. It's doing my head in. there only one reason I don't do this and It's love, but if i didn't have this I'd be gone.

:crying: It's fucking my head in. she must want me gone if she tries going because of me
  • Options
    If your the problem and you want to help matters then change your ways.
    Go to school and do what she asks of you, there you go.........problem solved.
  • Options
    You cant control whats going on in her head, even if you was the model son she would still be depressed simple as, shes in the best place at the moment you just gotta be there for her.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

I do everything for her but it's not good nuff for her.. ooooooo no i gotta do alot better for her.. nothings ever pleases her:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I do everything for her but it's not good nuff for her.. ooooooo no i gotta do alot better for her.. nothings ever pleases her:rolleyes:

She wants you to go to school, you refuse. you get your arse into gear and do what she wants and you will help things.
    Do you want to keep having problems at home ? if you do then just keep bunking off school.
    or
    You can get yourself into school, get a decent education and then get a decent job. If you dont then your gonna need a lot of luck to even get a job.
    your decision really !!!

Your Mum wants whats best for you, do you think she wants to see you end up in a dead end job ? She nags you to go to school because she cares.

Also you probably aint the cause, but its probably a lot of things all put together and eventually its taken the toll on her.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

That's not the most helpful thing you've ever said.

I seriously doubt that you are the reason why she overdosed, but for most people there always has to be someone to blame- you truanting seems nice and convenient and safe, without questioing anything. Their guilt is passed on, and everyone is happy. Or something.

Doing something stupid will only make your mum worse, so don't. You aren't responsible for your mother's mental health, so don't let anyone make you feel that you are. The truanting and the worry won't help, but hey- if I had to put up with the shit that that school has thrown at you, I wouldn't be exactly willing to go either.

Don't hurt yourself and don't overdose, because that will make matters 100 times worse. Suicide is not a way out, it's not an option that's sensible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit That's not the most helpful thing you've ever said.

Check the other post I made, I said its probably a few things put together and he probably aint the cause.

Edited to add schooling has caused problems in the past, my response was not just based upon what has been said tonight.
  • Options
    Ok so she's in hospital with depression, what will make it better? oh yes, having to organise a funeral for her son. It will only make things worse, supporting her would be infinitely better.
  • Options
    You'd be a fool if you killed yourself at THIS time!

It would DESTROY your mother. If you want your mum to get better then visit her as often as possible and give her support.
  • Options
    Well the family are blaming me, she's blaming me.. god everyones blaming me.. why me..

BECKY I AM GOING TO SCHOOL I HAVE BEEN FOR THE PAST WEEK.

thanks for the advice but it feels like they want me gone, I'm the problem so why not eliminate the problem if you can't control it.

Words of my brother on the phone last night "your the reason why she is in there. your the reason she did this and it's all your fault" something along those lines anyway. I couldn't do anything last night as I had lil miss socks with me so obviously I couldn't do nowt but tonight could be diffrent.:(
  • Options
    thanks for the advice but it feels like they want me gone, I'm the problem so why not eliminate the problem if you can't control it.

:banghead:

Take the advice, and stop bleating.

Sorry, but Jeesh.
  • Options
    Well the family are blaming me, she's blaming me.. god everyones blaming me.. why me..

BECKY I AM GOING TO SCHOOL I HAVE BEEN FOR THE PAST WEEK.

Words of my brother on the phone last night "your the reason why she is in there. your the reason she did this and it's all your fault" something along those lines anyway. I couldn't do anything last night as I had lil miss socks with me so obviously I couldn't do nowt but tonight could be diffrent.:(
    but you get bullied at school dont you? has your mum ever considered moving?
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky

heh.. she loves the area to much, where lucky to have this house aswell and all of our imidiate family are in the area, she wouldn't go for it. If anyone moves it'll be me,

Kermit. I am taking the advice:rolleyes: geez.
  • Options
    Judging from your previous posts it looks like you’re having a pretty nasty time right now. I sympathise with your situation - when I was fifteen I was quite badly bullied and I refused to go into school too. I was lucky in that I had good support from family, so eventually I went back after I was a little stronger.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem the same for you. I’m so sorry about your mum, but please don’t blame yourself. She sounds very unhappy anyway, and it sounds like it wouldn’t have taken much to tip her over the edge. Your family is being completely unreasonable about the entire situation but try not to get too upset with them. Right now they’re most likely to be in shock, and so they are making irrational judgements as a result. It’s always a lot easier to blame something or someone when something bad happens – it ignores the real problems and makes the process of dealing with it appear less complicated than it really is. They will come round eventually.

Right now it sounds like you need to make a plan of action, both for you and your mum. Make getting things sorted at school your priority. Go in tomorrow morning and demand to see your head teacher – explain to them the situation with the bullies and that you won’t leave unless it starts getting sorting out. Also explain the situation with your mum and the point it’s getting too. The school has a responsibility to look after your welfare while you are there, and if they don’t, then there must be further action you can take against them. Don’t let them intimidate you or tell you they can’t do anything – THEY CAN AND THEY HAVE TOO – so stand your ground, be a real hard arse and don’t leave until you get what you want.

The next time you see your mum you can then tell her you are sorting things out at school and it should help her a lot. Use this as an incentive to get things sorted, it’s not just your well being at stake here but your mum’s as well.

Good luck, and don’t give in.

Katie x :)
  • Options
    Graeme - it isn't your fault. Your brother's a dick. Listen to me, listen to the siters, and listen to your sister.

It. Is. Not. Your. Fault.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*
    Graeme - it isn't your fault. Your brother's a dick. Listen to me, listen to the siters, and listen to your sister.

It. Is. Not. Your. Fault.

Thank you franki and everyone.

Also thanks for this weekend franki, you helped me alot :D
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya Hellfire,
    I know this is a bit late in the proceedings but it's really, really important that you remember that depression is an illness, therefore it can't be your fault.

It may help for you to talk things through with someone outside the situation, you can call Saneline on 0845 767 8000 from 12 noon to 2am, they can offer support to anyone affected by this sort of problem.

Oh and I should have said this first - *hugs*

CB
  • Options
    Originally posted by ClaireBear
    Hiya Hellfire,
    I know this is a bit late in the proceedings but it's really, really important that you remember that depression is an illness, therefore it can't be your fault.

It may help for you to talk things through with someone outside the situation, you can call Saneline on 0845 767 8000 from 12 noon to 2am, they can offer support to anyone affected by this sort of problem.

Oh and I should have said this first - *hugs*

CB

thank you, It's just people are saying that I pushed her over the edge I feel so bad :'(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Silverberg
    Ok so she's in hospital with depression, what will make it better? oh yes, having to organise a funeral for her son. It will only make things worse, supporting her would be infinitely better.

Good point! :yes: but you make your life a lot worse. i mean.. you run away for attention, get arrested for attention! just so you can get noticed! and that's not doing your mum any good. You also have an anger problem which you need sorting out. but killing yourself wont make things any better, it will make things hell for your mum... just deal with your problems without giving your mum any grief.

p.s. i know this has nothing to do with this, but stop being perverted and stop listening to your brother and his gf having sex, just coz you can't get any yourself without making it all up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky

Hey by the way... im going through the same sort of problem. my mum's still depressed, and ive got a LOT of problems at the moment... but i dont go running away and getting myself arrested. and you dont really get bullied at school, only verbal remarks you should just IGNORE it!!! but if you do get in a fight with someone (which isnt very often) its because you start it!! you cant control your anger, think about people like Robert... i mean he gets bullied ALL the time... you get nothing compared to him.. :( poor boy. and he only gets bullied coz of his appearance and his A.D.D and epilepsy. whereas you get verbal remarks because you wind other people up. you bring it all on yourself. so... if you just keep yourself to yourself, then you'll be ok. but you go running away and getting arrested for ATTENTION. AND... you say you want nobody to know about all your secrets... but then you tell literally the whole school :confused:

i think you just need to calm down and do what your mum says so you dont cause any more grief. :)
  • Options
    bollocks sarah, I didn't run away for attention.. concidering I wasn't planing on running away, your just fuckin pissed off with me because everything that happened...

Oh...and keep personal shit of the board. you got summit to say to me say it to my fucking face...

heh.. I didn't listern to my bro fucking bon but it's pretty fucking hard NOT to hear them two:rolleyes: even lucas heard em aswell:rolleyes:

Anyway I DIDN'T run away for attetion. I wasn't ARRESTED for attetion, I wasn't even ment to get nicked, If i wanted to get nicked I would've commited a crime I KNOW I would've got nicked for.:rolleyes:

Oh.. and I aint bullied.. Erm..got 3chairs thrown at my head...Nope..not bullying is it.. get shit from people.. yes..verbal .. verbal is still as bad.. shoving... oh and I DONT TELL THE WHOLE SCHOOL I TOLD PEOPLE I THOUGHT I COULD TRUST, SARAH. your KNOW FUCK ALL ABOUT ME.. NO ONE KNOWS HARDLY ANYTHING ABOUT ME, I TOLD YOUR CERTAIN THINGS... some yes which I told no one but that was the tip of the ice berg.. the main people I talk to.. franki.. bon sometimes/use to.. and.. I DID you.

Yes Sarah, All my fucking fault isn't it, ALL MY FAULT.. suppose you agree with Greg when he say's I put my mother in hospital, I knew you was being bitchy to me but this bitchy,

Sarah... don't tempt me.. I could sit her..and say loads of shit about you aswell:rolleyes: but I ain't because I ain't as a cun't like that, but do one thing, keep away from me... keep out of my life..
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hi,
    This is beginning to sound a little bit like dirty laundry so it might be a good idea if you spoke to each other face to face about some of this stuff.

SeXySaRaH - it can be really easy to say that people are attention seeking but it's worth considering why they might be acting the way there are.

Hellfire's having a tough time of it at the moment (he wouldn't have started this thread otherwise) so it might be a good idea to get back on topic.

CB
  • Options
    Thanks CB:)

Thanks for all the comments people but when half of your family blame you for your mothers condition then it hurts, I know it's an illness but then I feel I must of triggered it then.

All the shit with school, Home and other stuff has taken a big toll on all of us but I can't cope with it, YES PEOPLE GO THROUGH IT EVERYDAY and they deal with it, I can't I can't deal with it, I feel so weak and helpless. This along with the S/H is bringing me down. I thought it anything would cause me to SH then it would be school but atm it seems to be home life, :crying: now I gotta spent a week on my own... brothers away.. just me... my dog,two cats and a lizard :crying: but I gotta stay at home cuz the animals while my brother gets to piss off round his gf's for the week.

NO one thought about me, My older brother was ment to help us out but he pissed off to a fucking party the day my mum went into hospital, selfish ****..
  • Options
    so your mum wanted to/ or took an overdose because you wouldn't go to school? maybe its best she's being kept in then; if something like that could drive her to want to kill herself.
  • Options
    while my brother gets to piss off round his gf's for the week.

Ok, now everything else, that I can kind of not get annoyed with, but Graeme, YOU TOLD HIM TO GO TO BON'S!

:rolleyes: ffs
  • Options
    i've just read through this whole thread and nowhere, not even one sentence, do you show any concern or feeling for your mother. it's all how her illness is affecting you, how bad you're feeling, what's happening to you.

that worries me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*
    Ok, now everything else, that I can kind of not get annoyed with, but Graeme, YOU TOLD HIM TO GO TO BON'S!

:rolleyes: ffs

Yeah I told him because it saves arguement.. I feel so fucking lonely now:(
  • Options
    its a real shame that your whole family blame each other. Ive heard you blame your mother for lots of things wrong in your life, and now your getting blamed for a lot of the things wrong in her life too. Its a shame you cant just help each other, because it seems quite likely that you inherited your depressive tendencies from her anyway. It often runs in families. I hope your mums OK soon, and I hope you are too. Its not your fault. Shes prone to this sort of thing anyway. Normal people dont overdose because their child plays truant. You both have a lot of mental health issues, and i really hope you manage to overcome it or at least keep it under control soon. It must be really hard for the whole family, and Just because your brother feels like he has to blame someone, doesnt mean its your fault - its probably just his way of coping, not that that makes it any easier to deal with for you in the short term.
    Killing yourself will never be an answer, it just makes things a million times worse for everyone thats left behind. You may not see that now, but its true.