Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Human rights breached

I read this story in the daily mail today and i was horrified at the way this guy and his family had been treated.
The daily mail gives a better report of it but here is the bbc report of it.

In the mail it states that the docters had induced the labour telling the mother that she will have a dead baby with no brain. Then she when she was given the baby to hold they didnt even clean it. She was told it was dead and when she told the docters he was breathing they said "no its just the gases" then about an hour later it started to cry.....Then they told her he was going to die and she should just leave it at the hospital and forget about him. she said no and took him home anyway. then they told her that he would not live more than a few weeks and that he would never smile....he didnt die, and he first smiled at 3 months.
Then when he got ill and need life support they siad to her that if he needed it again he would not be given it.
Then when he became ill again they tried to give him a leathal dose of diamorphine to "let him die in dignity"

I am totally appaled(sp) at the treatment he was given! How can they think that they have the right to refuse him treatment when he will die without it! How can they think that they have the right to give him a dose of diamorphine so strong it will kill him! He wouldnt have had a bad life! He can have a great life with the right help! Such as support groups and play schemes!

Grrrrrrr!!!!!

(sorry i just feel very stongly about the rights of the disabled)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    And the NHS wonders why it has such a bad reputation?

The behaviour of the NHS in this case is disgraceful.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh, if only I was surprised.

A lot of disabled children have 'do not resucitate' placed in their medical records- it's apparently "more humane" that way. Fuck the parents of the child, doctors know best.

Doctors always know best, don't ever forget it. She should have just let the baby die- the doctors will spend the rest of their waking lives to make sure that he does.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i find the NHS quite remarkable but this story is enough to make you want to kill the bastards! they should be struck off.
    diamorphine by the way is heroin.