Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how did you meet?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this might have been done before....but i dont care so ner :p

how did you and your partner meet?
who asked who out first and what was said?

so im nosey, so what!

Comments

• Options
    Re: how did you meet?
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    this might have been done before....but i dont care so ner :p

so im nosey, so what!

i can't answer this as i'm single.

but you're meant to answer first. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    but you're meant to answer first. :p

sorry :p

we met about 4 years ago, and have been friends for ages. i hadnt seen him in about a year and bumped into him about a month ago and have talked everyday since. i saw him on thursday, spent the day with him. and turns out we both felt the same way. then on friday morning i text him sayin 'so...do i get to call u my boyfriend now?' and he replied with 'only if i can call you my girlfriend' and well there you have it :D
    its taken a long time to get here but i really think its gonna last a long long time :)
  • Options
    sorry :p

we met about 4 years ago, and have been friends for ages. i hadnt seen him in about a year and bumped into him about a month ago and have talked everyday since. i saw him on thursday, spent the day with him. and turns out we both felt the same way. then on friday morning i text him sayin 'so...do i get to call u my boyfriend now?' and he replied with 'only if i can call you my girlfriend' and well there you have it :D
    its taken a long time to get here but i really think its gonna last a long long time :)

awwww, good luck!

meh,...:(
  • Options
    Its kinda cool how me and my girl met, we started our second year in college and was in the same IT class. We never spoke until one day i needed to borrow some headphones to test something, my teacher asked the class if anyone had any (i knew a couple of people who did but my teacher insisted on asking the class).
    When he asked, her hand shot up straight away to lend her headphones to me. We spoke to eachother all the time since.

Then about 4 months later after knowing how eachother felt etc etc i finally asked her out.

We had a kiss and a cuddle and i whispered in her ear to ask her out. She said yes and its been 2 weeks 4 days and were both happy :D
  • Options
    Welllllllllll...I had had a drunken night thing with Scott and we hadn't spoken properly since, and about 6 months down the line everyone at work ended up going out as a group, and we kept pairing off with each other. Eventually, he asked me out for a drink, and one month later..here we are! :D
  • Options
    ahh yours both sound really lovely :D
  • Options
    He was in the pub with his mates (who I already knew, for various reasons) and I was in the pub with mine... Was sat at the next table to him, wondering who "that cute guy was" with all the lads I already knew.. Unbeknown to me, he's thinking the same (tho girl, not guy, obviously!). Our two groups got talking (over quitting smoking, of all things!) and it went from there...

Turns out, he was in the year below me at school for five years and even got on the same school bus - I was his bus prefect! :S Let's just say he's changed a lot in the few years since I saw him last... ;)
  • Options
    In a club. A friend introduced us but we didn't get together for months.
  • Options
    We met in the pub. He came over and started chatting to me and my mum. He asked me out first and it took him over a year of blood sweat and tears before I decided to say yes!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    here :D
  • Options
    awww blonde__batman i like your story :D

Im currently single, times like this i wasnt :( noo i wana be a happy single girl :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    awww blonde__batman i like your story :D

Im currently single, times like this i wasnt :( noo i wana be a happy single girl :)

thank you :)

but sorry i made u sad :( xx
  • Options
    Re: how did you meet?

I met my boyf about 3 or 4 years ago through my best blokey mate. I was with my ex for the whole time so we were just mates and I had no idea that he fancied me the whole time. Then this New years eve we were both drunk and dancing and ended up kissing, I'm not sure who made the first move!
  • Options
    Met my girlfriend in year 7 at school. just like you do at school, through other friends etc. I fancied her, cos she was so fit! But we didnt really talk that much, then she moved to the street next to me in year 8/9 summer hols. Became best of friends, but dint think she'll feel the same way. Then she moved to other side of town year 9/10 summer hols. We stayed best mates but i gave up hope so i went out with my now ex then found out she fancied me since year 7. Kind of told my ex the situation she understood then here we are a year later.

Sorry mines abit long.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    My first night working behind his local bar. He comes out with the classic line ... "Two pints of Stella please. By the way, you're quite cute, do you have a boyfriend?"
    "Yes" I replied
    "Do you want to cheat on him?"
    I then ignored him for about two months before going up to him on my final evening and stating that actually I already was cheating on my boyfriend but I could really do with a new mate. Mates we aimed to be .... a couple we ended up. My ex was a shit to me anyway and he deserved everything he got.
    A year and a half down the line and I now live with the Stella drinker and I'm oh so very happy. I finally have a boyfriend who loves me for being me and not for what I can do for him.
  • Options
    everyones stories make me wanna go 'awwww' :D
  • Options
    i was about 19, and spent my time on a different board on a different site. it was run by americans, and there was only a few of us brits there, so we used to get on pretty well. one was a guy about my age. he came across well. articulate, funny, seemed to have a lot of the same opinions as me. we added each other to our MSN contacts and chatted occasionally.

fast forward 2 years, i was single and depressed, and the guy i was 'seeing' had just done the dirty on me. that night i decided to give up on men. so when this internet guy came online, i think i just started complaining at him. we ended up talking til the sun came up.

from that night on we spoke every day, usually well into the night. and after about a month, i suggested that we meet up. just as friends, of course...

so we met up one day, i kicked his ass at bowling and then i kicked his ass at pool (haha). then when it was time to go home, i realised i didn't want him to leave. but of course he had to.

so i walked home with a stupid grin on my face, and sat online waiting for him to get in. when he did, we said all the things we hadn't dared say when we were together. and it was decided that the next weekend i'd go stay with him. and so a beautiful thing was born :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i was about 19, and spent my time on a different board on a different site. it was run by americans, and there was only a few of us brits there, so we used to get on pretty well. one was a guy about my age. he came across well. articulate, funny, seemed to have a lot of the same opinions as me. we added each other to our MSN contacts and chatted occasionally.

fast forward 2 years, i was single and depressed, and the guy i was 'seeing' had just done the dirty on me. that night i decided to give up on men. so when this internet guy came online, i think i just started complaining at him. we ended up talking til the sun came up.

from that night on we spoke every day, usually well into the night. and after about a month, i suggested that we meet up. just as friends, of course...

so we met up one day, i kicked his ass at bowling and then i kicked his ass at pool (haha). then when it was time to go home, i realised i didn't want him to leave. but of course he had to.

so i walked home with a stupid grin on my face, and sat online waiting for him to get in. when he did, we said all the things we hadn't dared say when we were together. and it was decided that the next weekend i'd go stay with him. and so a beautiful thing was born :p

aww :yes:
  • Options
    his friend did teacher training at my uni last year so they both come down to the union sometimes. he saw how bad i am at pool and offered to give me some lessons and has stopped every weekend since then. nearly six months now :)
  • Options
    i met her through a birthday party for a friend i used to work with, it was all of works lot going out.

i used to work there, she works there now. i was even going to go till my friend phoned me askin if i wanted to... i was out skatin and dressed messy...

we danced and stuff, then i was givin lifts home and cus she lived furthest she was last to drop off... we talked for ages and she asked for my number.. txt me as soon as i dropped her off.

and we spent loads of time in the two weeks i was home, now i'm back at uni, talk everyday and see eachother quite a bit :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    here :D

Ditto.

10 months on and were still extremely happy, engaged and living together. Life couldnt get any better :)
  • Options
    I used to go airsofting with my Ex, and i met my current bf from there:) Everyone there says he stole me from me ex...lol !! -Kinda true. We got on from the second we met.
    When my Ex and i split up he told me how he felt, and said if i wanted anything to happen to make the 1st move, and one time he was here, so i moved and kissed him, the rest is histroy as they say!

Im sooo happy with him, and wev'e been with each other a year and a month.

:D