Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey ive come to the conclusion that it maybe a gd idea to go on the pill. Although im not seeing anyone just to be safe. Don't want to make any silly mistakes. However don't want to have bad side effects like putting on weight. Is it possible to stop this by getting a different type of pill? Plus are there many single people on the pill?

Comments

• Options
    Theres lots of single people on the pill! not everyone uses it as a contraceptive thing do they, some use it as a menstrual thing. There are side affects, but by judging from a pervious post on here and from me and my mates, not many people suffer them. :)
  • Options
    I realise this i will remember condoms!
  • Options
    The pill is good at preventing pregnancy- it is more effective than the condom, and it is easier to use.

But, alas, it doesn't protect against STIs, so only ride bareback if your partner is 'clean'.
  • Options
    All pills have side-effects, and it is largely a blind science as to which pill will suit you best.

In my experience a lot of doctors start girls on Microgynon 30, which can cause some weight gain.

If you aren't prepared to have side-effects you shouldn't be taking the medication.
  • Options
    It wont make you put on wieght (sept for your boobs of you lucky) but it will increase your appitite...so watch what you eat when your first on and you should be ok