Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

stopping periods-spesh ocassions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right well i know that you can get pills off your doc ito stop your period if you know that you've got it whilst you go on holiday but would the doctor be able to give me somthing to delay me coming on for just a day?

I have my leavers prom in three weeks and i am due on on that day, i dont mind periods but i just dont want to have to be worrying about it.

Could anyone who knows about this or has had the pills for this tell me about it and also what id actually say to the doc?!

Also, can you drink if you take them? After prom party, y'know!!

Comments

• Options
    You can get pills from the doc to delay you, ive had them but cant remember what they are called.
    Make an appointment sooner rather than later and get them prescribed.

Northisterone are they called ? someone will probs correct me on the name but yeah just explain to your doc that you need to be delayed because of your prom and im sure he will prescribe them.

you should be able to drink because you will stop taking them the day of the prom and then probably start within a couple of days........I think.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

Northisterone are they called ? someone will probs correct me on the name but yeah just explain to your doc that you need to be delayed because of your prom and im sure he will prescribe them.

CORRECT! gold star for you :) . i took them when i had to go and get a barium enema :eek2:
  • Options
    well done becks! lol brownie points for you.
    :yes: im sure your doc will prescribe them, mine did for me when i needed them :D