Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Any suggestions?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What to do?
On Valentine’s Day, I went out for the night with a guy I used to go out with years ago. Had an excellent night, and also another good day in London. We were acting as if we were going out, holding hands etc, but nothing was actually said.
I was going to suggest getting together again, but have now found out he has another girlfriend.
My friend speculated that he was hoping I would say something (he seems quite shy), but I didn’t, and the other girl asked him and he said yes.
Any suggestions as to what I do now? It would be nice to know where I stand! I thought I could either say something now, before their relationship continues, or say something after they’ve split up (but who knows how long they could go on for?)

Comments

• Options
    Re: Any suggestions?
    Originally posted by Luce
    Any suggestions as to what I do now? It would be nice to know where I stand!

If he has got himself a girlfriend then isn't it obvious where you stand? :confused:
  • Options
    I don't think you can really live your life waiting for someone elses relationship to break up.

I think you might just have to bite the bullet and move on. I'm hardly one to talk, but it's not going to do you any good hanging on to something that maybe just isn't worth hanging onto.

Yeah, it might turn out OK. Just don't pin all your hopes on it, I know that from my own experience.