Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not good

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, well it's 2 months today since one of my best freinds revealed to me that she knew how i felt and that nothing can happen.
I thought i would have been able to get over it by now, but i havnt it still makes me depressed, and its been odd this week since ive been dreaming about her again. Not as dodgy as it used to be but things like just being with her snuggling and stuff. Prehaaps the dream was brought on by the fact she was at my house and had nicked my blanket, curled up in it on the couch, so when i went to bed it smelled of her perfume.

Im just confused though, why am i still so hung up when nothing can happen? I still want something to happen, but it cant. I dont know what to do. Its even had the effects that im scared to do normal things like hug her.

I dont know what to do. :(

Comments

• Options
    i think its quite normal to end up really liking someone you know so well purely because you do know them so well it can be a right shit when the other person doesnt see it the same way though, you should try your best not to stop doing things like hugging her if you normally would because she might put two and two together and if she was worried about a relationship effecting what you already have it could confirm that. i also find you tend to want something the more you know you cant have it, 'playing hard to get' really does work, i think you should go on as normal as her mate and cherish that many girls value a lad as a best friend more than a boyfriend be there for her and show her that you care for her no matter what and you never know what might come of it.

keep your head up and keep smiling mr renzo :)
  • Options
    Re: Not good
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Im just confused though, why am i still so hung up when nothing can happen? I still want something to happen, but it cant. I dont know what to do. Its even had the effects that im scared to do normal things like hug her.

i had this with one of my ex b/f's. it was wierd, sorta like i felt i had to kiss and hug him. just try to put those thoughts out of your head wheneva you think of them. think of something totally unrelated to get it outta your mind. i know this is hard to do, but dont give up :)
  • Options
    it is tough, and i don't think you can ever estimate a time scale to 'get over' these things.
    it's about 2 months since i split with my girlfriend and it's still painful. at times it does lessen, but i still really want to get back with her so i've not 'let go' yet

i will have the opportunity to see her next week, so no doubt all the memories will come flooding back.
    we haven't spoke face to face since we split (that was even done over the phone). i've tried e-mails explaining how i feel, but with not a lot of success.

i'm going to talk to her, tell her how i feel, and see if anything could happen between us again in the future.
    i fear she'll say nothing can happen, but then at least i'll know, scant consolation, but then maybe i can move on.
  • Options
    Hm just spent an hour going on about this at my pycologist. (sp)

I think i can do one of 4 things:

1. leave it as it is
    2. wait and see what happens
    3. build our freindship back up to the way it was.
    4. Try again.....
  • Options
    Thought i should mention that last night she invited me out with her and her mates. I was a bit quiet and stuff cos i dont really know her freinds very well. I talked to her a bit though, but when i was leaving after the film i just looked at her and thought 'shes gorgeous' I know i have to get out of that mentality!

Have texted her quite a bit in last 12 hours though which is good right?