Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Just been dumped

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by angel1886
    Is it possible to go to another doctor which u have never seen b4? In a completely different surgery?
    You should be tested, just in case, but you can always find out if your hospital runs a sexual health clinic. You can go to that if you don't want to see your regular GP.
  • Options
    Originally posted by angel1886
    Er i have this thing about blood tests had one once b4 an i hated it soo much an i could hardly move my arm after it was really bad they kept having to get another nurse to try an find a vain agony!
    But you'd rather have a blood test than syphalis (drat I can't spell!) presumably.
  • Options
    I've seen this before - guy is 'interested' in girl and says he loves her, has sex and then says he wants to be single. Mission accomplished for him while he leaves a trail of destruction behind.

angel, you must go and get yourself tested for both STIs and pregnancy. Put aside any fears and do it. Forget about what your ex says - he clearly wasn't responsible enough to use a condom in the first place so why should you trust him about not being pregnant?

Take responsibility for yourself.
  • Options
    Im in a stupid state again an all alone at home dunno what to do. Il get a test. I called my x an he said he was busy, getting on with his life. I feel used so used!!!!I dunno what to believe.
  • Options
    hes a slimeball.
    don't listen to him.
    i know its easy for us to say he isnt worth it but it feels like shite.
    but honestly deary, he isnt.
    just go and get sorted and them you can get on with it.
    it sucks to be used like that.

good luck.
  • Options
    I dunno how to go about doing it? Should I go to a clinic or do i have to go to the doctors. Ive never even made a doctors appointment! Shame 4 me! An i will prob have to wait ages. Cant u buy pregnancy tests? An do they involve much?
  • Options
    if you buy one its about a tenner and you just have to pee on this little thing. the doctors ones they take a urine sample and dip this thing in.

i dunno about sti tests though.

the doctors generally wont do a pregnancy test so yea a family planning clinic is ya best bet
    brook clinics
    i think these guys can help ya.
  • Options
    I just told my sister which is extremely embarrsing but now i can get her help! so kina relieved ive done it now. Seen as my X can help me u know busy gettin on wit his life! I mite just get a pregnancy test tomorrow at the chemist. I doubt i have an STI he slept wit one girl an im pretty sure they had protected sex. I dont want a doctor seeing my wrists either cuts tiny not that big but yeah.
  • Options
    Il consider STI thing later after the pregnancy test. Its scary having to have one o well. Im sad that i told my X that i cut myself cause i got in such a silly mood want to take it back. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    They take blood for something just not sure what.

HIV.

and you know, with sex comes responsibility. if you are not mature enough to stop making excuses and just get your ass down the FP clinic, don't have sex, cause you're obviously not ready for it.

there are some STIs that can really bugger up your insides if you don't have them treated, and you can have chronic pain and infertility. so it's not a good idea to 'wait and see'.
  • Options
    However his sexual history aint huge.
    1) he has only had sex once before
    2) im his second
  • Options
    it only takes one time.

if he didn't use a condom with you, you think it's likely he used a condom with the other girl? and do you know where she's been?

oh, and people lie.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    HIV.

Must be something else as well, though, because I didn't have an HIV test when I went and I still had a blood test.