Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Older women

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 24 and I'm starting to like women in their thirties.

Is that wrong? And if you were in your thirties would you date a twenty four year old??

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, it's very wrong - I mean how could you?!

Come on, there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone has their ideal partner in mind. Some want them to be tall, others prefer blondes, you prefer older women.

I'm not in my thirties so I can't speak for them... but considering there aint much of a age difference to yourself, I can't see why not. Everyones different. These days it's common for the women to go for a younger fella to make them feel young or for whatever reason :p

Is there a woman imparticular you want?
  • Options
    there is nothing wrong with liking older women....as long as they aren't REALLY old like in a nursing home or something. that would be wrong. i know a guy who is 28 or 29 that married a woman 10 years older than him. if you like her and she likes you then there is no problem.
  • Options
    Re: Older women
    Originally posted by the sole liber

Is that wrong? And if you were in your thirties would you date a twenty four year old??

Nope its not wrong.

Some older people are young at heart and like to have fun. They look young, act young so really age shouldnt come into it.

Of course if we were talking 15yr olds with 40 yr olds then thats slightly different.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Yeah, it's very wrong - I mean how could you?!

Come on, there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone has their ideal partner in mind. Some want them to be tall, others prefer blondes, you prefer older women.

I'm not in my thirties so I can't speak for them... but considering there aint much of a age difference to yourself, I can't see why not. Everyones different. These days it's common for the women to go for a younger fella to make them feel young or for whatever reason :p

Is there a woman imparticular you want?

Not really. I dunno, it's just that I've started to like women slighty older than I am.
  • Options
    i tend to go for people older than me and i don't think there's anything wrong with that (although yep 15 and 40 may be open to a little more discussion). it comes down to personality a lot and some people just work better when there's an age gap.
  • Options
    I think it's nice if the woman is older than the man. Because women live longer than men in general anyway, if they are married, they will live until roughly the same time. But of course it depends on things like genes, the size of the age gap and other circumstances.

I'm 17 and my boyfriend is 35. I know everything about age gaps! An age gap is only a problem if you let it become one. Many people have successful age gap relationships, look at Catherine ZJ and Michael Douglas, or in your situation, Joan Collins and Percy Gibson, Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake, Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore...etc
  • Options
    35? Do you mind if I ask where you met him?
  • Options
    35? Do you mind if I ask where you met him?

Pub! He's lovely.
  • Options
    Re: Older women

nothing wrong with that
    my last relationship i was 26, and she was 32
    (i sometimes used to tease her about me being a 'toyboy', it was quite the celebrity thing for women to have younger boyfriends)

my brother is 25, and his girlfriend is 40 and they got on brilliantly.
    people raised a few eyebrows when they first started seeing each other (about 5 years ago now)
    so if you're both happy, then go for it.