Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Red patches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya i have been noticing for about 4 months now that when i get out the shower i have red patches on my arms and shoulders. They range from small about 50mm and some are about 5cm across. the biggert ones are really itchey and sometimes get kinda dry patches in the middle. if nothing else they look really ugly and i have to get up early to wait for the to go before i leave the house (usually takes about 1 1/2hrs)

any ideas?

and i havent changed shampoo
shower gell
condotioner ect

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Red patches
    Originally posted by Mel-H
    Hiya i have been noticing for about 4 months now that when i get out the shower i have red patches on my arms and shoulders. They range from small about 50mm and some are about 5cm across. the biggert ones are really itchey and sometimes get kinda dry patches in the middle. if nothing else they look really ugly and i have to get up early to wait for the to go before i leave the house (usually takes about 1 1/2hrs)

any ideas?

and i havent changed shampoo
    shower gell
    condotioner ect

how hot is your shower?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Showering could just be drying out your skin, especially if you are in a hard water area. If you aren't using any new products, and this fades in a couple of hours and only happens when you shower then i'm assuming it's not an allergy to your washing powder or a reaction to wool etc that you may have been wearing.

You might have developed eczema or another skin condition though so I would recommend you talk to your local pharmacist and see if they can recommend any moisturisers/ creams such as E45 to try. However if these don't help you should consult your GP.

Susie
    :)