Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chances of becoming Pregnant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know that it's possible for a girl to get pregnant even if the bloke withdraws before the money shot, but the chances are very slim, aren't they??

Comments

• Options
    erm, no.......it's the same chance i think :confused:
  • Options
    Re: Chances of becoming Pregnant
    Originally posted by dantheman
    I know that it's possible for a girl to get pregnant even if the bloke withdraws before the money shot, but the chances are very slim, aren't they??

i think the risk is slightly reduced but it's still there. if you're worried you should get your girl to take a test or go see her gp. hope that helps
  • Options
    Chances of becoming pregnant are reduced, but not compleatley gone, you'll just have to wait for her period. Hope its k :)
  • Options
    they are slimmer, but dont rely upon the withdrawal method - use condoms next time!
    hope it turns out ok :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    they are slimmer, but dont rely upon the withdrawal method - use condoms next time!
    hope it turns out ok :)

Thanks, should do really even though I hate them.
    (*slaps own wrist)
  • Options
    On that note does anyone know when a girl is most fertile?
  • Options
    Thanks, should do really even though I hate them.
    (*slaps own wrist)
    i don't think anyone really likes them!
  • Options

Can't you just use another form of contraception to condoms? Condoms may suck but at least they're more likely to stop ya getting some disease or having her pop out a little baby. What a mad risk to take.
  • Options
    i think it's half way through her cycle, like 2 weeks after her period. but i may be wrong.

did this happen recently because this girl should go get the morning after pill!
  • Options

The rythmn method is grossly discredited- a girl can theoretically get pregnant even when she is menstruating.

And the pregnancy risk is reduced, but it's still there as semen is present in precum.
  • Options
    A woman is most fertile around 2 weeks after the first day of her period as thats when she is most likely to ovulate. Shes most at risk of pregnancy if she has unprotected sex any time around those days - even before she ovulates, as sperm can survive in the body for a few days, so if you had sex and she wasnt ovulating, but ovulated a few days later, she could still get pregnant, as there could still be live sperm in her, and it only takes one!
    Its a bad idea for young women to use the rythym technique of contraception, because young womens cycles are notoriously irregular, so its impossible to predict when she might be ovulating. There are kits you can buy such as persona, which you take your temperature regularly, and monitor different kinds of discharge over the course of the cycle, to let you work out your own cycle, and predict your own fertile and infertile days. Its more often used by people TRYING to conceive though, although some people use it to stop them conceiving. Its kind of not ideal for people unless they are in a very stable relationship and for whom getting pregnant wouldnt be the end of the world, as its not as reliable as other artificial methods.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    Withdrawal is a totally unreliable way to try to prevent pregancy, take a look at this for more info.

Not only will using condoms help protect against pregancy but will also help protect you from STIs.

You can find out more about the different forms of contraception available to you here.

Hope this helps some,
    CB
  • Options
    Hi go the same problem my x did that on sunday! R u going to ure doctors?
  • Options
    She got her period a couple of days ago so no need for the doc :) I'm not worried about sti's because I trust her (and myself) completly.
    I know she hates the idea of the pill as well.
  • Options
    She got her period a couple of days ago so no need for the doc :) I'm not worried about sti's because I trust her (and myself) completly.
    I know she hates the idea of the pill as well.

Best to get some condoms then!!