Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Two Pill / MAP Questions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just got a couple of questions..

1) If you are on the Mini-Pill, ie take a pill every day for 28 days then start the next packet immediately anyway, is there any way to delay your period, like you can when you're on the Combined Pill and take two packets back to back?

2) Is the Morning After Pill now available over the counter from just about every chemist in the country? I know they started out doing a trial in only a few major cities, but has it gone nationwide now?

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Options
    Re: Two Pill / MAP Questions
    Originally posted by Crystal Tipps
    Is the Morning After Pill now available over the counter from just about every chemist in the country? I know they started out doing a trial in only a few major cities, but has it gone nationwide now?
    It's available in my area, which is suburban not major-city so I guess so. And I gather you can often get it free but maybe you need to go to your GP for that (no, really, I listen in PSHE...)
  • Options
    Hi there
    Take a read of our factsheet about the mini pill. I'm not actually sure if you can use it in the way you are suggesting, but if you call one of the following helplines they will be able to advise you:

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334
    www.fpa.org.uk

As for question 2, yes you should be able to get hold of emergency contraception from most larger pharmacies now - or contact one of the above organisations or your GP for more info.
    :)