Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Jees Linktius

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Was watching Howard Marks Dvd the other night there and he took out some kind of throat medicine called Jees Linktius, he said if your throat is fucked then after one sip the voice is clear and no problems with coughs or anything, after the second sip you start to feel different...after the third your feeling aboustely fucked.

Anyone know anything about this, he said it's very hard to get in this country but it's not illegal.

I don't even know if that's the right spelling.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Jees Linktius
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Was watching Howard Marks Dvd the other night there and he took out some kind of throat medicine called Jees Linktius, he said if your throat is fucked then after one sip the voice is clear and no problems with coughs or anything, after the second sip you start to feel different...after the third your feeling aboustely fucked.

Anyone know anything about this, he said it's very hard to get in this country but it's not illegal.

I don't even know if that's the right spelling.
    i remember the early 70's there were many cough medicines and stomach trouble stuff and tooth ache powder with sparkly bits in. the local oharmacists in family chemist shops still made up prescriptions from the ingredients on the shelf ...when you broke in to what was known as the DDA cabinet on a saturday night you'd find heroin, opium, cocaine etc etc etc. thats where all class A's used to come from ...alas times have changed and we have to have imported gangster drugs instead ...good while it lasted though ...where was i?
    oh yes ...i used to know a guy back then known as phensydil frank ...coughdrop frank ...he was banned from all the chemists for miles around in the end ...he used to stand outside and ask little old ladies to go in for him.
    many of these medicines are or were opium based ...codiene based etc. edited to add ...dissolved in alcohol and sugar.
  • Options
    Well there is DXM, thats about the best you can muster from cough medcine now a days, but I wouldnt try it, its really not a very nice drug. It turns you into a zombie, you forget most of the trip and its really hard on your bowels.
  • Options
    Its got an opiate in it.
  • Options
    I didnt think you could buy those over the counter anymore, can you?
  • Options
    it was a calm and gentle night ...been a very nice blue sky spring day earlier ...digging horse shit and chicken shit into the land ...
    waiting for the late frosts to break it down a bit further ...when the bar man came over and says ...call for you mr roll.
    i floated home ...thinking ...money ...money money money ...isn't it a buggar when that happens.
    should i do this ...or could i do that ...head full of broken biscuits!
    the sun keeps shining which means life bounces back a new! busy busy busy ...it's an amazing world man ...innit.
  • Options
    Gees Linctus? I used to work in a chemist a couple of years back, we did sell it but it was stashed out the back with the Kaolin and Morphine (anti diarrohea stuff) out the view of the general public. People had to ask for it by name, describe their symptoms to the pharmacist and he would try and get out of selling it to him. We used to get a lot of people in trying to buy pholcodiene linctus in bulk as well.
  • Options
    You can buy codine over the counter in other forms anway.