Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

completly unrelated but....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
happy birthday clandestine.... as one of the main posters here....

Comments

• Options
    Well thanks LC, can't say i relish them like i did in the old days, but it's nice to be remembered.

Cheers!

*next year's is the one im dreading most though*
  • Options
    Happy Birfday, hope its a good un :D
  • Options
    Happeeee birthday! :birthday:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Well thanks LC, can't say i relish them like i did in the old days, but it's nice to be remembered.

Cheers!

*next year's is the one im dreading most though*
    happy BD clan!
    another day older another day wiser ...
  • Options
    Thanks MR, too many days older is the problem! lol.
  • Options
    Happy birthday Clan :)
  • Options
    Happy Birthday.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday! Dont waste this year as you will plunge into the depths of losing all style, and wearing slippers and cardigans;)
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Clandy,

Hope your having a good one, from what I hear about Belgian lager, your probably singing in a fountain right now!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Happy Birthday Clandy,

Hope your having a good one, from what I hear about Belgian lager, your probably singing in a fountain right now!!!
    i hope your right BA ...but i can imagine him sat at home sipping something and reading a big fuck off book ...and thinking he's in paradise ...some people just don't need drugs .
  • Options
    happy birthday.
  • Options
    LOL. How'd you guess MR!!! ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i hope your right BA ...but i can imagine him sat at home sipping something and reading a big fuck off book

Probably about how George Bush was standing on the grassy knoll in Dallas 1963 ;)

Hope you had a good one mano.
  • Options
    Birthday cheers!
  • Options
    Probably about how George Bush was standing on the grassy knoll in Dallas 1963

Hmm i thought that was the cigarette guy?

Plenty of machinations afoot in the present day to keep the investigative mind busy though ;)
  • Options
    Hmm i thought that was the cigarette guy?

Actually, if you believe Red Dwarf, it was JFK himself... :)
  • Options
    JFK Hologram perhaps?
  • Options
    No, actually him...

Basically, [avoiding huge plot lines], originally there was only one shooter - Oswald - however, the Boys from the Dwarf screwed up the timelines and JFK survived the assassination. Naturally this screwed up their own future and the wolrd had turned into a place run by the Mafia. JFK had been impreached and had been sent to prison.

To rectofy this they travelled time again and found JFK, explained what had happened and the different memory of him which existed in the future which they came from. Natuarlly (being a politician) he wanted the world to have a positive memory of him and so he agreed to be the man on the grassy knoll who fired the killer shot...

Damn, that's a tough storyline to follow. Thing is it's a bloody comedy...
  • Options
    Far too complicated. Give me Benny Hill chasing women in fast motion any time...
    ;)
  • Options
    It gets worse, the only reason they were doing the time jumps is because one of them fancied a curry...
    from the website:
    The crew are dead, slain by their future selves in the cliff-hanger that ended series six. But coming back from the dead is a piece of cake compared to the real dilemma confronting Lister - the curry supplies have been destroyed and he's three million light years from the nearest poppadom. Unable to face cold turkey vindaloo style, he ignores causality and goes back in time intending to order "500 vindaloos to go" but winds up in Dallas, in November 1963, where he accidentally pushes a gunman out of a fifth floor window...

Oh, and you don't need to tell me that I need a life....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    No, actually him...

Basically, [avoiding huge plot lines], originally there was only one shooter - Oswald - however, the Boys from the Dwarf screwed up the timelines and JFK survived the assassination. Naturally this screwed up their own future and the wolrd had turned into a place run by the Mafia. JFK had been impreached and had been sent to prison.

To rectofy this they travelled time again and found JFK, explained what had happened and the different memory of him which existed in the future which they came from. Natuarlly (being a politician) he wanted the world to have a positive memory of him and so he agreed to be the man on the grassy knoll who fired the killer shot...

Damn, that's a tough storyline to follow. Thing is it's a bloody comedy...

I love that episode:hyper:
  • Options
    Hmm never saw that one. I only catch it very infrequently late at night over here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    It gets worse, the only reason they were doing the time jumps is because one of them fancied a curry...

Oh, and you don't need to tell me that I need a life.... [/B]

I seem to recall a plotline with a curry monster attacking the crew, very surreal :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    I seem to recall a plotline with a curry monster attacking the crew, very surreal :lol:

Ah yes, the genetic mutating machine thingy... if I remember correctly...

They used Lager to kill it...
  • Options
    Yep thats the one.

How did we get on this subject anyway :confused:

Clandy

I don't believe you stayed in, I think the underneath that studious exterior lies a hidden side, go on tell us you ended up in a karaoke bar singing 'Born in the USA' and playing air guitar with a tie round your head ;)
  • Options
    well truth be told....(hehe) ;)

I do recall seeing that episode, but i dont recall the Kennedy part. Maybe i tuned in later in the show.

As to to my antics, well...

On Monday last i and a group of British mates went to see The Dakrness in concert with inflatable guitars yes. hehe. Got stoned and blew my eardrums out for two days hehe.

I much prefer The Darkness in videos where you can hear the lyrics and the music. My ears have grown too old to differentiate anything in the kind of volume they put out. lol.
  • Options

I much prefer The Darkness in videos where you can hear the lyrics and the music. My ears have grown too old to differentiate anything in the kind of volume they put out. lol.
    and when the fluff on your jumper starts bouncing! wow ...
  • Options
    whatever fluff that could still cling to my jumper in that torrent of amplified sound waves lol.
  • Options
    'Inflatable guitars' I must be psychic, so you were playing air guitar, any pics? actually better not with you being close to NATO HQ and your enduring relationship with certain infrequent visitors ;)