Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lump in breast

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend has one and it is sore some times, he's going to the docters next week, I was just wondering if anyone knows what to expect etc?
Thank you muchly

Comments

• Options
    Mole / cyst / bruise / damaged tissue / cancer (i think that's possible anyway).

Best to not worry about it and see what the doctor has to say :) I can think of tonnes of harmless things and tonnes of harmful things. Maybe a spider's laid it's eggs in there! :p (sorry). Things like these are so indistinctive that only a doctor and proper tests can really determine exactly what it is.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to rule out some possibilities - where is it? If it's behind his nipple it could be hormones (though he's a bit old for hormone bursts? :confused:) because when I go on a growing spurt just behind my nipples it hurttttssss.

Hope everything goes ok for him :)
  • Options
    the vast majority of breast lumps are harmless, especially in men.

what will probably happen is the doctor will ask him specific questions about his symptoms, and probably have a feel. then if he can't tell what it is from that, he might send him for some tests - maybe a biopsy or a scan.
  • Options
    Thanks you two, trying not to worry, no point when you dont know what your worrying about! he he! I'll pass the info on to him.

Oh and Shy, he's nealry 22 :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Oh and Shy, he's nealry 22 :D

doesn't mean his hormones are gone completely :p
  • Options
    hope he ok vv! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    doesn't mean his hormones are gone completely :p
    No I didnt imply that, there was a question mark when you wondered what his age was. Thought you wanted to know.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    No I didnt imply that, there was a question mark when you wondered what his age was. Thought you wanted to know.

I did :p hehe. biggrin.gif