Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

back spasms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i keep getting these spasms in the muscles across my back, it kinda stings i guess.
its only every so often but its getting more and more frequent and im starting to woryy about it.
i also get what feels like heartburn but is all across my chest.
does anyone know what either of these things are, if they could be linked, or if i should just go see my new doctor?

Comments

• Options
    I know my back kind of Spasms if I go outin the cold, and it's been freezing lately. Maybe that could be the cause?
  • Options
    doc told me the other day i was having spasms in my back and said it may just be with lifting heavy things. i think its my big ass bag for college thats causing it!
  • Options
    my school bag is ridiculously heavy but we dont have lockers so i cant help that
  • Options
    i don't know if this is likely, but i used to get back and chest pains from wearing a badly fitting bra. soon as i got measured and started wearing the right size, they went away.
  • Options
    nope, im all measured up right.

do you think i should go to the doctor?
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    nope, im all measured up right.

do you think i should go to the doctor?

Sure see the doc that's what they are there for...

My dad's friend lives in a rented house and the landlord has fixed the water so it doesn't get very hot cos bills are included.. so this guy has virtually cold showers all the time and now his back is playing up... I'm sure cold water or cold weather isn't good for muscles

Do you have someone that can give you a back massage?

That may help?
  • Options
    hey, yeh it might be something like what my mum and i have, where the muscles in your back are weak, and if you stretch them quickly, especially when its cold, they tend to spasm badly, if it keeps getting worse id suggest physiotherapy, which is run at most hospitals. hope it gets better for you
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

Do you have someone that can give you a back massage?
    nope, chucked the boyfriend and am yet to get a full refund/replacement.

its not so bad that i'd need physio i dont think. i've had them for a while but they've started to happen often enough for me to notice them.
    i just dont wanna go to the doctor and be wasting their time