Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Calling people in pain and self harmers

Hey i think that this might be helpful to self harmers trying to quit.
pic_index_1.jpg

My my gave it to me to help with my knee pain and it seems to have helped quiet a bit already.
PAIN®GONE transmits electrical impulses that activate the nerve pathway. The nerve pathway sends a "call for help" message to the brain. The brain and the spinal cord speed natural endorphins (the body's own natural painkillers) to stop the pain. The pain is relieved or disappears.

Take a look for yourslef at www.paingone.com

I think it would help you to harm with out actually causeing dammage. it will realese the same chemicals in your brain that cuting or whatever you do does.

Try it out, it could help you quit in an effective way.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry, I don't quite understand how that would help self harmers?
  • Options
    it hurts....and it cause's the body to realease(sp) the same chemicals as it would if you cut your self. therefor making you feel better.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    it hurts....and it cause's the body to realease(sp) the same chemicals as it would if you cut your self. therefor making you feel better.
    That is really interesting. Is it something you know of being used to stop self-harm or just something that could be useful?
  • Options
    It depends. If they self-harm for the pain then yes, it sounds like a good thing, and could probably help a lot. If they do it for the sight of blood like me, then no blood = no relief.
  • Options
    Its something that i think would help if you do it for the pain. Its not designed to help with self harm but i think it could.
  • Options
    See See!!! Im not just spouting shit:D
  • Options
    Looks interesting, may get it for my Dad, he oftn complains about muscle pain, do it need batteries, cos it says to keep pressing the button.
  • Options
    Nope it dnt need betteries, it works using crystals that are already inside it.
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    Hey i think that this might be helpful to self harmers trying to quit.
    pic_index_1.jpg

My my gave it to me to help with my knee pain and it seems to have helped quiet a bit already.
    PAIN®GONE transmits electrical impulses that activate the nerve pathway. The nerve pathway sends a "call for help" message to the brain. The brain and the spinal cord speed natural endorphins (the body's own natural painkillers) to stop the pain. The pain is relieved or disappears.

Take a look for yourslef at www.paingone.com

I think it would help you to harm with out actually causeing dammage. it will realese the same chemicals in your brain that cuting or whatever you do does.

Try it out, it could help you quit in an effective way.

Are you still using this device, if si is it still effective over a long time of use?
  • Options
    it doesnt hurt me! my grandad has one for his arthritis in his spine+hips, and i used it on my arm. its like a tiny electric shock! if it did tho, i could see the principal behind it!
  • Options
    It looks interesting.

It wouldn't have helped me personally as I needed to see the blood for the release, but it could help people for who that isn't the case.
  • Options
    Hospitals are using it at the moment for treating people with depression. It is supposed to be really good. They put the patient under anethestic so they don't actually feel a thing but apparently it is really good and makes you feel better. They send electrical pulses to the brain and it has been proven to work.
    Are you talking about ECT? because its not the same thing.