Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

True.. or not?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Talking to one of my mates today, and we were talking about how most people when they lose they're virginity they go out and sleep around, and if they are in a realastionship when they lose it, they wait and then go and sleep around with a few people?
Would you say thats true or not? and did you or didnt you?
Imo, i dont think it is, some people do and some people dont. Me- i did, and i regret it now, cos its was stupid but anways yea... :)

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: True.. or not?
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Talking to one of my mates today, and we were talking about how most people when they lose they're virginity they go out and sleep around, and if they are in a realastionship when they lose it, they wait and then go and sleep around with a few people?
    Would you say thats true or not? and did you or didnt you?
    Imo, i dont think it is, some people do and some people dont. Me- i did, and i regret it now, cos its was stupid but anways yea... :)

i lost my virginity on a one night stand and it was one of the biggest regrets of my life. afterwards i didnt sleep around at all. i didnt have sex for 8 months after i lost my virginity and i had sex with the guy i was in a relationship with.

so no, that wasnt the case for me :no:
  • Options
    Your spelling is atrocious:p

Once the virginity is gone people tend to have sex again much quicker, because the psychological barrier is no longer there- it's not as big a deal. And most people lose their virginity when they are about 16-18, so it's very unlikely that they will stay with the person they lost it to for their entire life, or even for years.
  • Options
    It took me 9 months to sleep with the guy I lost my virginity to. It took me 2 months with my next boyfriend so I wouldn't call it sleeping around...but I don't feel the need to progress as slowly any more.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    And most people lose their virginity when they are about 16-18, so it's very unlikely that they will stay with the person they lost it to for their entire life, or even for years.

Why ?

I stayed with my partner for many years, we were dating then went onto get married. Although we got divorced I now am with my current hubby and they are the only 2 men i have ever slept with.

Id say there are many people like myself who dont have sex with many peple. I dont feel like Ive missed out ;)
  • Options
    When i lost mine, i realised i was missing out on better things....so i went and got them. big mistake!
    But im glad i have the exeriance i have cos there is no point regreting something you cant change.
  • Options
    Well, I didn't go out to sleep around. It was a one night stand of sorts, but it was something that just happened, I wasn't going out with that in mind.
  • Options
    Hmm I didn't sleep around but I had a string of monogamous relationships that included alot of sex!
  • Options
    i lost my virginity to a guy i stayed with for 3 yrs. But i did find that i slept with my current bf quicker than i did when i lost my virginity, probably due to already overcoming the psychological barrier, but also coz i felt safer with him.
    So no sleeping around for me.i've only slept with 2 guys and i'm hoping it stays that way!
  • Options
    It's like eating a cookie if you have been watching what you eat. You really have to stop yourself from eating one. But once you have taken one, you will probably quickly follow up by eating 3 or 4 more.

"Oh well, had one, whats the harm in more?"
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Why ?

I stayed with my partner for many years, we were dating then went onto get married. Although we got divorced I now am with my current hubby and they are the only 2 men i have ever slept with.

Id say there are many people like myself who dont have sex with many peple. I dont feel like Ive missed out ;)

Exactly how I feel - how much or how little sex a person has is entirely up to them, it's just that society seems to think that everyone must have at least X partners or have tried Y different places to do it. Everyone wonders what sex with someone else is like in the same way people wonder what life in a different country is like - people will always wonder, no matter how happy they are in their situation. Like BeckyBoo, I don't think I've missed out having not had loads of partners.
  • Options
    I lost it with someone I cared about... But it wasn't the person I truely love :( in some sense I regret it in others I don't as i enjoyed it.

After I did I did Go a big sex crazy for abit but I calmed down now. I only slept with one person thought which has caused me alot of trouble.
  • Options
    Yeah I was in a long term rel when I lost it- and stayed with her for a while, bit of a nymph :D done a lot of stuff with her-
    Then kinda slept around- and still kinda at that stage-
    the best way of learning is through mistakes- and some mistakes are to much fun to only do once :D
  • Options
    This is not a case of being True or false, it all boil's down to the person and what kind of person they are. E.g. some people only believe it to be right to have sex with someone you love or are in a serious/long term relationship with and then again some people just go out and sleep around because A. they are scared of commitment, B. They love it or C. Because when there pissed up town is the only time they can pull and get sex!

It didnt happen with me as i lost my virginity just over a year ago when i was 17 and i am still with the girlfriend that i lost it too, and im proud to have lost it too (she lost her's to me too which was perfect, no expectations from either of us!) :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Why ?

:yes: *agrees to the point of head falling off*

if you're truly happy in a relationship that you happen to have been in since a young age, you shouldnt be thinking that you're missing out on other people by continuing to only be with your partner.

my aunty was with my uncle since they were 16. they now have two lovely little boys, a great marriage and are now 40. I asked her recently if she ever felt she'd missed out on being with other people, or if she regretted not experiencing anyone other than my uncle and she said no - she said if its not broken, dont try and fix it; meaning she's happy, satisfied and totally fulfilled with the relationship - so why would she want any more? And that made me smile, because its so true, and just proves to anyone that is sceptical of young love lasting, that it can work if it's meant to, and if it really is love.
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    my aunty was with my uncle since they were 16. they now have two lovely little boys, a great marriage and are now 40.

aww so cute :)
    id love to have something like that...ah well lost the guy i was with when i was 16 so not the future for me
  • Options
    I don't think that's true at all. Certainly not for me! I lost it within a 3 year relationship when I was 15 and it was so terrible that I didn't do it with the next boyfriend who I was with for 2 1/2 years (we explored lots of other things though, just didn't have penetrative sex ;) ) . It was the next boyfriend who I sorted out my issues with, and who I still have regular sex with (even though we've not been together now for 18 months). I agree with those who say that fulfillment comes from within someone... I could not sleep with someone who I didn't totally trust and with whom I wasn't good friends, unlike one of my friends who seems willing to sleep with whoever offers. She's happy and I'm happy... I doubt either of us regret what we've done/not done or are unfulfilled by the choices we're making at the moment :D
  • Options
    I think like people have already said. That once they have lost thier virginity they are more confident so if they would just kiss someone maybe they might take it further. But there is no real pattern.
  • Options
    It wasn't true for me, I broke my virginity two years ago and have only slept with 3 people.
    On the other hand I used to have this friend who broke her virginity and went kinda sex mad. Had sex with a different guy every weekend. That was a while ago now and shes long since stopped it however shes still never lived down the reputation she earned whilst doing it.